Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

$850 plus tax to fix a broken off gimbal!!!!!

dash

Reaction score
I am floored at the quote i just recieved from skydio to fix my S2. I paid them $150 to get it diagnosed and they came back with $700 plus tax to fix it. The drone was still fine but the gimbal broke off and the cable wires broke some as well. See pictures. Wondering anyone else's experience with repair. I basically told them i wanted a detailed list of what is needed and that i wouldn't be paying an $700 plus tax.

PXL_20210518_132507488 (1).jpgPXL_20210518_132446729 (1).jpg

WOW so the rest of the device is only worth 250 dollars then? That is ridiculous may as well get a new one and start fresh. Cant wait to hear back from them on mine. Its been six weeks now and they only just got it in their shop to look at it. I honestly do not see me letting this device fly solo ever again, just use it with the controller only like my mavic. If they are going to charge us for the machines stupid choices. When you set it up for an autonomous flight and it comes down because of its own decision how is it that these types of crashes are not a warranty issue?

I trust it's autonomous capability everywhere but in dense forest, near power wires and over water; water because the downside is catastrophic so I don't even go there, dense forests because I'd have to go slow or risk it flying into a bare branch and power wires because they're a SD2 killer. I've only used the controller twice in over 150 flights.

Hope things work out Dash.

So update on this. They are offering $100 off as i complained to them. I paid the $150 as stated before already but i would need to shell out the $600 to get a fixed drone back. I am debating on what i should do. Either way i will not be keeping the S2. I will be letting all my drone friends know i will not recommend it either. I have the hard case, 3 batteries, beacon, controller, and spare props. Any takers on the broken unit or repaired and what you would pay for it?

Last edited:
So update on this. They are offering $100 off as i complained to them. I paid the $150 as stated before already but i would need to shell out the $600 to get a fixed drone back. I am debating on what i should do. Either way i will not be keeping the S2. I will be letting all my drone friends know i will not recommend it either. I have the hard case, 3 batteries, beacon, controller, and spare props. Any takers on the broken unit or repaired and what you would pay for it?
PM sent

I am floored at the quote i just recieved from skydio to fix my S2. I paid them $150 to get it diagnosed and they came back with $700 plus tax to fix it. The drone was still fine but the gimbal broke off and the cable wires broke some as well. See pictures. Wondering anyone else's experience with repair. I basically told them i wanted a detailed list of what is needed and that i wouldn't be paying an $700 plus tax.

View attachment 390View attachment 391
Shall anyone decide to sell crashed drone...PLEASE let me know. This is just my DIY hobby mixed with flying my S2 drone to HELP Skydio members turn around parts. Best & Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210617-135358_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210617-135358_Facebook.jpg
    343.5 KB · Views: 7
Don't waste your time folks , use eBay to get the actual market value.

View attachment 390View attachment 391
If u r a DIY guy... I have the gimbal. Send full picture u need. Ty

According to Skydio the main board is damaged. The frame is completely intact and i don't see how this is possible. None the less i only have 2 options. 1. Pay additional $600 on top of the $150 i already paid. 2. Eat the costs of everything and sell the parts i have. I am not happy with Skydio at all. If i pay the $600 i will sell a working drone and be done with Skydio all together.

I dont have the drone back yet. The only picture i have are the ones i added on the opening post.
Make sure that you'll be able to calibrate it after the replacement, it's not just about replacing those parts.
Be careful, don't spend good money before you know if it actually will fix your problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup