Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Ahem... Had trouble sorting how the Pro Kit tablet holder attached to the controller

RiverEagle

Reaction score
Website
alongtheray.com
I guess I'm somewhat dim tonight ; )

I couldn't find any documentation on Skydio's support site so I hit up Youtube and had an aha! moment. Figured I'd share it here those of you wondering how to attach it.

I couldn't find any documentation on Skydio's support site so I hit up Youtube and had an aha! moment. Figured I'd share it here those of you wondering how to attach it.

Believe it or not.... your mount is upside down. The expanding part goes to the bottom. It fits perfectly if you turn it around.

Here's the best picture I have at the moment @RiverEagle .... my Skydio is at my business so I had to go the photo archive. Zoom in on the neck under the tablet to see how it fits.. The neck strap is just about a must as well when using a tablet.

IMG_4643.JPG
6359687cv16d.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: RiverEagle

Thanks for posting the link RiverEagle,

I too for the life of me figure out how to correctly attach the provided tablet mount, wasn’t until googling found this same video you are sharing.

Going even a step further, when mounting the tablet the swivel screw area had some loose movement. After tightening the swivel this took away that sloppy tablet swaying making it much more secure. Has a good feel now, don’t feel that tablet loose feeling anymore.

Enjoy the new Skydio 2+ 👍
Paul

Reactions: RiverEagle
Here's the best picture I have at the moment @RiverEagle .... my Skydio is at my business so I had to go the photo archive. Zoom in on the neck under the tablet to see how it fits.. The neck strap is just about a must as well when using a tablet.

View attachment 636
View attachment 637

View attachment 636
View attachment 637
Appreciate you chiming in Saladshooter with these great booster/tablet setup. I am seriously thinking of getting the AlienTech booster for my Skydio 2+, I read from a previous post of yours you are using AlienTech booster with your Skydio. That surely was probably for the original skydio 2, as with my original stock Autel controller AlienTech booster greatly helped the signal. I was using 2.4 back then, since am using the SmartController V1 for my Evo 2 Pro doing away with the AlienTech booster the Autel SmartController doesn’t need a booster.

If I may ask and appreciate any help, if adding an AlienTech booster to my Skydio 2+ controller will it greatly help increase the signal. I’m assuming will need the 5 ghz AlienTech booster not the 2.4. Or, Will a duel work with the Skydio 2+ controller. Just searching for the best AlienTech booster recommendations for my Skydio 2+, I’d like a stronger signal if possible.

Any recommendations will be of great help,
Paul

Last edited:
Going even a step further, when mounting the tablet the swivel screw area had some loose movement. After tightening the swivel this took away that sloppy tablet swaying making it much more secure. Has a good feel now, don’t feel that tablet loose feeling anymore.
I tightened the swivel and even that wasn't enough stability for me.... so I took a wire tie and locked it tight around where the ball from the swivel meets the tablet holder. That helped a lot as the Tripltek tablet weighs 1.5lbs. A lighter tablet might not need as much extra support.

If I may ask and appreciate any help, if adding an AlienTech booster to my Skydio 2+ controller will greatly help with signal. I’m assuming will need the 5 ghz AlienTech booster not the 2.4. Or, Will a duel work with the Skydio 2+ controller. Just searching for the best AlienTech booster recommendations for my Skydio 2+, I’d like a stronger signal if poss.
I just have the basic unpowered Alientech DUO in my picture. It added quite a bit to my range down low where I use the Skydio most of the time. I went from 850ft max to 1300-1700ft when flying at less than 30 feet height. Up high it adds quite a bit more as long as you have good line of sight.

There is no 5ghz Alientech only 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz. I don't know what the Skydio uses to decide which signal it uses so you might need to turn off Auto and force the drone to a 5.725 to 5.8ghz channel for a booster to be effective.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waldo Pepper
I tightened the swivel and even that wasn't enough stability for me.... so I took a wire tie and locked it tight around where the ball from the swivel meets the tablet holder. That helped a lot as the Tripltek tablet weighs 1.5lbs. A lighter tablet might not need as much extra support.

I just have the basic unpowered Alientech DUO in my picture. It added quite a bit to my range down low where I use the Skydio most of the time. I went from 850ft max to 1300-1700ft when flying at less than 30 feet height. Up high it adds quite a bit more as long as you have good line of sight.

There is no 5ghz Alientech only 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz. I don't know what the Skydio uses to decide which signal it uses so you might need to turn off Auto and force the drone to a 5.725 to 5.8ghz channel for a booster to be effective.
Thanks Saladshooter for sharing the AlienTech DUO information you are using, and that it is non-boosted (unpowered) model. Those are definitely increased range results, excellent for a non-boosted antenna setup.

I’m not familiar yet with the Auto channel feature, but I did see could select a channel from the 5ghz range to force the controller to operate off a selected 5GHz range if I do go with a 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz AlienTech booster.

i see you have the TripLtek tablet, couldn’t tell if it’s the 7” or 8” tablet. Recently, myself ordered a TripLtek 8” Pro and have two flights using Skydio 2+. Nice tablet, crystal clear bright screen.

Thanks again for sharing,
Paul

Reactions: Ridefreak
I will also confess the first time I tried the tablet holder included with the kit, I was stumped. It is one of those things that is almost too simple. : ) Strangely enough, I have a rain day here in Arizona so I cannot try out the new tablet holder I ordered from Amazon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AirSpur98