Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Android device can't talk to Controller (Gotta love newbies with silly questions!)

bikerdave

Reaction score
My brand-new S2 flew just great from the 'learn to fly me' start on the app. Connected, locked onto me, followed like a puppy, landed, acted just as it should. Several days later, tried to fly with the Controller. Paired the drone to the controller, powered up, started app, connected Controller to Android device (all per instructions). App screen presents "Disconnected/Wifi Settings" graphic. Selected "Wifi settings" to turn Wifi on. App presents "Disable Wifi on phone" message. Disabled Wifi on Android device. App presents "Disconnected" graphic once more. Several tries resulted in the same scenario.

It seems that I'm stuck in some kind of loop here...or, I've become a victim of Einstein's classic definition of insanity; that is, performing the same operation repeatedly and expecting different results.

Anyone else experienced this "insanity"? Is there a cure? I submitted a support ticket to Skydio, but still waiting for a response. You guys are the experts, anyway! I'm just a crazy "old guy" trying to have a bit of fun; however, I'm not, in any way, "technologically declined", I have a long history with electronic devices and digital goodies. This one has me scratching my head, since all instructions were followed to the letter.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: kgilbertsen
Yes, I've had that happen a couple of times. No idea why it happens, fortunately it is infrequent. Each time I employed the Microsoft method: I power cycled everything (including the phone). Seemed to work.

Yes, I've had that happen a couple of times. No idea why it happens, fortunately it is infrequent. Each time I employed the Microsoft method: I power cycled everything (including the phone). Seemed to work.
Yeah, I've "rebooted" everything in sight. Even did the complete factory reset on the aircraft. For some reason, the controller and the Android device won't communicate as they should. I'm fairly certain that it's not a compatibility problem, since I'm running Android 10. V7 is what they recommend for a minimum. Still scratching my head, but it looks like we have a fairly calm (as far as wind!) day coming Saturday. I might try again if the remodel projects leave me alone long enough!

thanks...
Dave

Yeah, I've "rebooted" everything in sight. Even did the complete factory reset on the aircraft. For some reason, the controller and the Android device won't communicate as they should. I'm fairly certain that it's not a compatibility problem, since I'm running Android 10. V7 is what they recommend for a minimum. Still scratching my head, but it looks like we have a fairly calm (as far as wind!) day coming Saturday. I might try again if the remodel projects leave me alone long enough!

thanks...
Dave
Try to enable USB debugging under developer options

thanks...
Dave
You are using the Skydio supplied USB cable, right? Others won't work. If so, then I think your next option is to contact Skydio. I've found their help/customer service to be very responsive. IIRC there was someone else in this (or another) forum that had a similar problem and it turned out to be their Skydio.

You are using the Skydio supplied USB cable, right? Others won't work. If so, then I think your next option is to contact Skydio. I've found their help/customer service to be very responsive. IIRC there was someone else in this (or another) forum that had a similar problem and it turned out to be their Skydio.
Yeah, using factory supplied cable. The Android and the Controller evidently "see" each other, they're just not talking the same language! I've had a service ticket in with Skydio for a week, haven't heard back yet. Of course, holidays and all that... I just thought I'd check here for answers in the mean time.

Thanks-
Dave

I'm not sure I understand that of which you speak... (in other words, HUH?)
Go to you phone settings and do this:

Interesting...thank you! I'm more of a Windows guy. Never fooled around with the Android OS much, but, live and learn!

What cable are you using to connect the controller to your android phone?
If it USB-C to Micro USB.... then you need a special cable... this one works.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: RadConSuper

Hope this helps.
I'm using the factory-supplied cable, USB-C to USB-C with a tablet running Android 10, and the connection between the tablet and the controller seem OK...the app is just not communicating properly with the aircraft through the controller.

Hope this helps.
I'm using the factory-supplied cable, USB-C to USB-C with a tablet running Android 10, and the connection between the tablet and the controller seem OK...the app is just not communicating properly with the controller.

Well, I gave that a shot, and still no improvement. **** shame, since this is the first day without wind in a week!

Have you tried a different phone? I have found that some work and some don't and some work sporadically. It would seem that your phone is not recognizing that it is connected to the controller.

Have you tried a different phone? I have found that some work and some don't and some work sporadically. It would seem that your phone is not recognizing that it is connected to the controller.
Thought about that, but I'd need the proper cable. The phone's a micro USB and the factory cable is only C to C. Both the tablet and the phone will fly the drone via WiFi, though. The tablet IS displaying messages from the drone through the controller ("Disable WiFi on phone"), just doesn't respond when I follow instructions! It's a head-scratcher, for sure. Other than acquiring a different cable and switching Android devices, I think I'm out of options. All the info & suggestions have been great, and I'm grateful for them, but nothing is working so far.

Well, after trying all suggestions, still had no luck. Filed a support ticket w/ Skydio, finally got a reply after 9 days. Tried all their suggestions, still no luck. At that point I was getting closer and closer to 30 days out, so I got an RMA# and sent it packing for a refund. Maybe I'll try again some day, when they get to be more established and work out all the bugs. I think the company is just too young, and is being overwhelmed.

As much as I hate supporting the CCP, I'll probably head off to DJI-land. That's life.

Well, after trying all suggestions, still had no luck. Filed a support ticket w/ Skydio, finally got a reply after 9 days. Tried all their suggestions, still no luck. At that point I was getting closer and closer to 30 days out, so I got an RMA# and sent it packing for a refund. Maybe I'll try again some day, when they get to be more established and work out all the bugs. I think the company is just too young, and is being overwhelmed.

As much as I hate supporting the CCP, I'll probably head off to DJI-land. That's life.
Sooo.... no fix for this yet?
My brand-new S2 flew just great from the 'learn to fly me' start on the app. Connected, locked onto me, followed like a puppy, landed, acted just as it should. Several days later, tried to fly with the Controller. Paired the drone to the controller, powered up, started app, connected Controller to Android device (all per instructions). App screen presents "Disconnected/Wifi Settings" graphic. Selected "Wifi settings" to turn Wifi on. App presents "Disable Wifi on phone" message. Disabled Wifi on Android device. App presents "Disconnected" graphic once more. Several tries resulted in the same scenario.

It seems that I'm stuck in some kind of loop here...or, I've become a victim of Einstein's classic definition of insanity; that is, performing the same operation repeatedly and expecting different results.

Anyone else experienced this "insanity"? Is there a cure? I submitted a support ticket to Skydio, but still waiting for a response. You guys are the experts, anyway! I'm just a crazy "old guy" trying to have a bit of fun; however, I'm not, in any way, "technologically declined", I have a long history with electronic devices and digital goodies. This one has me scratching my head, since all instructions were followed to the letter.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
I'm having the same issue, except I also get a message that says:

USB Accessory Inaccessible- The Skydio accessory may be linked to a different App on this device.

Any suggestions? Where would I go to submit a support ticket? I really don't want to have to return my Skydio, but what is an RMA# and how do I get one? I don't wanna get stuck with a thousand dollar lemon.

With the many different versions of the Android OS out there finding a particular solution could mean trying many different things.

Be sure to read what's been tried in some of the cases above and then try the simple ones first.

If nothing works submit a Support Ticket via this link:

RMA# should be your last resort. Those are "Return Merchandise Authorizations" given to you by Skydio that you'll need BEFORE you officially return the S2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup