Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Any "Single" Skydio 2 battery charger out there yet?

skydioconvert

Reaction score
I always prefer buying extra batteries and just charging them slowly rather than possibly stressing the batteries by putting them through repeated quick high charge cycles.

I know its early but has anyone run across any 3rd party chargers designed to just charge a single S2 battery at a time?

I always prefer buying extra batteries and just charging them slowly rather than possibly stressing the batteries by putting them through repeated quick high charge cycles.

I know its early but has anyone run across any 3rd party chargers designed to just charge a single S2 battery at a time?
Nope, nothing yet.

A battery charger for a single S2 battery is high on my to buy list.

Might even get two if the price is right <GRIN>

Couldn’t you just use the dual charger with a single battery? And maybe a lower wattage charge power source if you want to charge slow (maybe the Apple 18 watt)?

Reactions: Ridefreak
Couldn’t you just use the dual charger with a single battery? And maybe a lower wattage charge power source if you want to charge slow (maybe the Apple 18 watt)?
I maybe over cautious but buying 2 single chargers gives me insurance if for some reason the dual charger goes bad.

Whats not to say a fault in one part of the dual charger wouldn't shut down both charging receptacles?

Reactions: sshogg
I maybe over cautious but buying 2 single chargers gives me insurance if for some reason the dual charger goes bad.

Whats not to say a fault in one part of the dual charger wouldn't shut down both charging receptacles?
Sure, absolutely, could be, though I don’t think they have a problematic shortage of dual chargers and remember you can charge one battery on the drone too if need be. :)

Sure, absolutely, could be, though I don’t think they have a problematic shortage of dual chargers and remember you can charge one battery on the drone too if need be. :)
Just the price Skydio is asking for the dual charger is enough of a turn off for me to give it any serious consideration.

Additionally the need to include the S2 as part of a single battery charging procedure makes no sense whatsoever...ties up the drone from flying while also involving the drone in a process that could have problems.

Reactions: loyukfai and parkgt

I found some inexpensive 90w plug in the wall charges that are PD compliant. One has a built-in heavy duth Type C cable (6')

Here are the Amazon links. I'll have it tomorrow, Sunday)

90 W USB Wall Charger 1

Charger 2
the 2nd one I just ordered, so I'll have 2, just in case.

The Skydio charger is 65 Watts, these are 90 Watts and PD compliant, so it will safely charge the Skydio 2 faster.

I also ordered the Drone Valley usb plugs for the Skydio 2

I found some inexpensive 90w plug in the wall charges that are PD compliant. One has a built-in heavy duth Type C cable (6')

90 W USB Wall Charger 1

Charger 2

The Skydio charger is 65 Watts, these are 90 Watts and PD compliant, so it will safely charge the Skydio 2 faster.

Thanks Skyking... I'll take a look at these and add them to my buy list.

90 W USB Wall Charger 1

Charger 2

I have the second one you listed, it charges both batteries pretty fast, about 75min for 2 batteries that were down to a single bar.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup