Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Any Skydio "care packages" after warranty expires?

IMADMAN

Reaction score
Anyone know if Skydio offers a "care or refresh" option after the warranty expires? Something along the lines like DJI, where you send them a video of the drone in operation.......ect

unfortunately i don't think it is currently possible. sounds like you need to make the skydio purchase within 30 days which means overlap with the 1-year warranty or the extra year will go one year past the warranty. of course they are different plans (care vs. warranty) but i see the appeal of waiting until your warranty is expired and hoping to take out care against a perfectly good drone (hence the video). i believe the dji plan will allow you to create the video and send it in as long as the drone hasn't had care in the past so it's easy to activate even a few years later and the video is super easy.

Skydio Care can only be purchased with a Skydio 2+ kit and cannot be ordered separately on skydio.com.

CS_Info_callout_icon__1_.jpg
If you have already purchased your Skydio 2+ kit within the last 30 days and you now wish to purchase Skydio Care, contact Skydio Support and we will assist you with adding your plan.

unfortunately i don't think it is currently possible. sounds like you need to make the skydio purchase within 30 days which means overlap with the 1-year warranty or the extra year will go one year past the warranty. of course they are different plans (care vs. warranty) but i see the appeal of waiting until your warranty is expired and hoping to take out care against a perfectly good drone (hence the video). i believe the dji plan will allow you to create the video and send it in as long as the drone hasn't had care in the past so it's easy to activate even a few years later and the video is super easy.

Skydio Care can only be purchased with a Skydio 2+ kit and cannot be ordered separately on skydio.com.

CS_Info_callout_icon__1_.jpg
If you have already purchased your Skydio 2+ kit within the last 30 days and you now wish to purchase Skydio Care, contact Skydio Support and we will assist you with adding your plan.
Yea, I read the whole deal with the S2+. Was just wondering about the S2. I've sent them an inquiry about it, but have yet to hear back.

eve
Yea, I read the whole deal with the S2+. Was just wondering about the S2. I've sent them an inquiry about it, but have yet to hear back.
everything i have seen tends to indicate the s2 does not get care but instead continues to benefit from the case-by-case basic for crash/repair not covered by warranty. as far as i remember, this is still in effect after the warranty end; however, there is no way to enter into a "formal" care package to my knowledge.

Reactions: Techna
I've read of some folks getting insurance on their drones through their homeowner's policy or through other companies like AIG who offer such, etc. May want to shop around?

Ray

Reactions: kenmavic2zoom
I've read of some folks getting insurance on their drones through their homeowner's policy or through other companies like AIG who offer such, etc. May want to shop around?

Ray
good point. i used to have insurance with state farm. it cost about $60/year and there's no other payments or premiums or deductibles.

Reactions: RiverEagle

Ray
I can only do it on a "new" drone with receipt. On a 2nd hand drone
I can get it appraised and the insurance company will then be able to insure it. But I have not found anyone that will appraise a drone.

Reactions: RiverEagle

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FRANCISCO MENDES MORAES