Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Anyone else having trouble sending Skydio 2 footage to Mac.

MichaelH26

Reaction score
Hello, I recently got my Skydio 2 and it has been incredible so far. My only problem is when I connect the usb cable to my MacBook to upload the footage I end up with about half of the video with no sound on photos/Imovie. I can see the footage WITH sound when I view through the App on my iPhone. Is this just a Mac thing? Do I need a better editing program? I am new to this and any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Reactions: Lifeisfun

skydioconvert

Reaction score
Don't know if this helps but the reviewer in the attached video touches on some oddities of the S2 when it comes to its audio recordings.

Lifeisfun

Reaction score
Hello, I recently got my Skydio 2 and it has been incredible so far. My only problem is when I connect the usb cable to my MacBook to upload the footage I end up with about half of the video with no sound on photos/Imovie. I can see the footage WITH sound when I view through the App on my iPhone. Is this just a Mac thing? Do I need a better editing program? I am new to this and any help would be appreciated. Thanks
For now, get used to it, known problem, if you reset the drone it will start working again and 3 flights later it will usually not save the audio again. The audio file is simply missing on the SD card.:( Reported to Skydio, only solution they found is to reset the drone.
Could be helpful if you upload your logs Skydio and report it.
Make sure all devices (beacon or controller) you used for the particular flight are connected when creating the log.

Last edited:

VEGASROBBI

Reaction score
I thought this was odd, I don't use the audio from the Skydio SD card. The other day put the SD card in my PC as usual and saw the MP4 files. There were no audio files showing. I didn't have time to download the files so I put the SD card back in my S2, did a couple more flights and when I put the SD card back into my PC the audio files showed up for the first flights.

Lifeisfun

Reaction score
I thought this was odd, I don't use the audio from the Skydio SD card. The other day put the SD card in my PC as usual and saw the MP4 files. There were no audio files showing. I didn't have time to download the files so I put the SD card back in my S2, did a couple more flights and when I put the SD card back into my PC the audio files showed up for the first flights.
Yeah, it's spotty, and inconsistent, perhaps that's why is so hard to find the problem.
I'll try not to wipe the card next time if it will act the same.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCJr