Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

ATTENTION if you update to the latest version

Factory reset of the drone helps but after wifi customization the beacon refuses to connect

Last edited:
Did you re-pair the beacon to the drone with the cable, the wifi customizations require a re-pair.

yes indeed after re-pair the beacon could’nt connect to the drone anymore
I ran into a similar situation after customizing my wifi settings in the drone, it doesn't seem to work very smoothly or reliably after customization. I ended up restarting the whole process and going back to the default settings for wifi and password. After that everything seems to work fine. In my case it wasn't propagating the new info correctly to the devices.

I ran into a similar situation after customizing my wifi settings in the drone, it doesn't seem to work very smoothly or reliably after customization. I ended up restarting the whole process and going back to the default settings for wifi and password. After that everything seems to work fine. In my case it wasn't propagating the new info correctly to the devices.
Same for me. Don't think it's related to this update, happened to me on that first major update with keyframe just as described and I did same as Ridefreak to resolve.

Reactions: Ridefreak
Any resolve to the 2+ beacon with the 2 drone?

After multiple resets still he same issue.
Skydio is looking for a solution.
Do I understand correctly....the new beacon (S2+) and Skydio2 drone and the new beacon has connection issues even if original wifi is used? I assume the original S2 beacon still works fine?

If so, glad I didn't go that route....I was thinking of doing so for possible expanded range.

Do I understand correctly....the new beacon (S2+) and Skydio2 drone and the new beacon has connection issues even if original wifi is used? I assume the original S2 beacon still works fine?

If so, glad I didn't go that route....I was thinking of doing so for possible expanded range.
I doubt this is a product wide issue, if it was there'd be people bitchin high and low and so far it seems confined to a single user. The wifi customization process isn't as smooth as you'd hope but the fact that it did connect and then failed to do so after customization tells me it's the same issue many of us had when wifi customization was first allowed.

I'm always skeptical when someone states their problem as a product wide issue yet we don't hear about it from others or on other forums. Especially when the Subject starts with "ATTENTION"

I was going to say I know a couple others who run the 2+ beacon on there skydio 2 drone and had no issues after the update..

My beacon(S2+) updated fine. What's odd is I usually plug the beacon into my S2 to update, this time it did not work. When I unplugged it and connected it to the app the beacon updated wireless.

My beacon(S2+) updated fine. What's odd is I usually plug the beacon into my S2 to update, this time it did not work. When I unplugged it and connected it to the app the beacon updated wireless.
Still eagerly awaiting the results of said beacon :D

I doubt this is a product wide issue, if it was there'd be people bitchin high and low and so far it seems confined to a single user. The wifi customization process isn't as smooth as you'd hope but the fact that it did connect and then failed to do so after customization tells me it's the same issue many of us had when wifi customization was first allowed.

I'm always skeptical when someone states their problem as a product wide issue yet we don't hear about it from others or on other forums. Especially when the Subject starts with "ATTENTION"
I ’m in contact with skydio support and they say that several customers had the same issue.
we working towards a solution

Hope they get it fixed for you.

I finally got my 2+ beacon today and had no issue pairing it....

What are you calling wifi "customization"?

I assume, changing the factory name and passwords to something easy to remember?

After updating I got constant nuisance flags pop up to customize the Wi-Fi. This assigns a new name and password of your choosing. But like Rightfreak I had issues with the customized password so I did a reset and I am staying with the default name and password.

Reactions: Ridefreak

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup