Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Audio enable - disable on IOS

ETdronehome

Reaction score
I use an Apple IPhone 13 running current IOS 15.0.2 and current Skydio 2 software and firmware. I would like to select whether my phone records audio within the Skydio app or not and I can’t seem to find that toggle anywhere. Current state is it is recording audio on each flight - mostly useless drone noise and me breathing heavily or cursing 😎. I can see this feature being useful to narrate a flight but right now it just takes longer post flight as the drone and app go through its “syncing” the audio with video.

This is likely right there but I can’t find it 🤨

4964092F-8D0D-4877-BAF9-6E1B8002AB1D.png6C0FA526-FBF9-4B04-A6B9-E2958CB6AA98.jpegI rediscovered why I believe it’s possible to toggle audio on and off.

In Skydio flight school episode 8 Ms Bonk displays how to do just that in the app.

When I look at the same screen in my IOS version of the current app I don’t see that Record Audio option. In fact there are some other differences in that INFO screen.

Perhaps the school video was recorded using the Android version or ???

Guess I will have to live with it on as apparently I can’t turn it off. 🤨

0FEF3A6D-36EC-4694-90A9-629F208F6E68.pngSo being “determined” (people that know me call me stubborn😜) I went back to this. Why I’m not sure because it’s really not that big a deal other than an indication that Skydio had a toggle in an app that they removed for some reason and in their current IOS app ver 15.10.0 they won’t let you fly without the microphone recording anything that’s near the phone.

I thought I had my problem sorted by going into the IOS app permissions for the Skydio 2 app and disabling permission to use the phone’s microphone. I launched the app and was informed that I had to grant permission to use the microphone and it wouldn’t let me proceed before I did that. The permissions it asks for must be granted or you can’t fly with the app.

I installed the app on older IPhone and the same behaviour occurs so it’s not some quirk of running the app on a fairly new IPhone.

I’m curious if this is a behaviour exclusive to the IOS ver of the app or it’s the same in the current android ver. <——- just can’t let stuff go 😎

View attachment 523So being “determined” (people that know me call me stubborn😜) I went back to this. Why I’m not sure because it’s really not that big a deal other than an indication that Skydio had a toggle in an app that they removed for some reason and in their current IOS app ver 15.10.0 they won’t let you fly without the microphone recording anything that’s near the phone.

I thought I had my problem sorted by going into the IOS app permissions for the Skydio 2 app and disabling permission to use the phone’s microphone. I launched the app and was informed that I had to grant permission to use the microphone and it wouldn’t let me proceed before I did that. The permissions it asks for must be granted or you can’t fly with the app.

I installed the app on older IPhone and the same behaviour occurs so it’s not some quirk of running the app on a fairly new IPhone.

I’m curious if this is a behaviour exclusive to the IOS ver of the app or it’s the same in the current android ver. <——- just can’t let stuff go 😎
Do we have an answer on this question ? I too want to turn off audio. The buzzing noise from the drone is just very annoying, I would rather have a silent video . But my latest ios, I do not see an option to turn off audio within sydio app. When I turned off mic from IOS setting, skydio app complaint with the above . Help!!!!

Do we have an answer on this question ? I too want to turn off audio. The buzzing noise from the drone is just very annoying, I would rather have a silent video . But my latest ios, I do not see an option to turn off audio within sydio app. When I turned off mic from IOS setting, skydio app complaint with the above . Help!!!!
I never found an answer but maybe this will help you sort it out.

Reactions: Ridefreak

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup