Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Beacon tracking

This is going to open up a new cottage industry. Someone is going to create a smaller downsized beacon type device that can be attached to anything that needs to be tracked.

Great video Mike, thanks for sharing.

With the beacon magnetic, I’m surprised it didn’t effect the Mavic 2 Pro compass. From another Skydio post, read the beacon was magnetic.

I once strapped on a tracker with magnetic charge feature and the small charging magnets on tracker effected the M2P compass, knocked it off calibration. Tried it several times, and each time had to recalibrate compass.

Apparently, this beacons magnetic isn’t effecting the M2P.

Thanks again for sharing the video,
Paul

Thanks for joining Skydio Pilots Mike. Glad to have you aboard! ;)
A very cool first video of the S2’s tracking capability using the beacon! Drone tracks drone!
Thank you. Ive been having a good time with the skydio 2...Ill share everything I can. Thanks for letting me join!

Reactions: Blue Bird
Great video Mike, thanks for sharing.

With the beacon magnetic, I’m surprised it didn’t effect the Mavic 2 Pro compass. From another Skydio post, read the beacon was magnetic.

I once strapped on a tracker with magnetic charge feature and the small charging magnets on tracker effected the M2P compass, knocked it off calibration. Tried it several times, and each time had to recalibrate compass.

Apparently, this beacons magnetic isn’t effecting the M2P.

Thanks again for sharing the video,
Paul
It did take a bit longer to get enough sats to take off, but other than that it had no effect.

Halo has a great follow puck, it’s light and about 2”x1.5”. It has a built in barometer, is waterproof comes with a Velcro strap.

I have strapped it on Jeeps, RC boats...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup