Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Beechfork Lake 360 panorama

Looks Nice!
You're getting really good at those. Have you shared them with Skydio? They might be interested if they haven't done this already.

Looks Nice!
You're getting really good at those. Have you shared them with Skydio? They might be interested if they haven't done this already.
Skydio should be able to capture a 360 in one shot with the navigation cameras. I suggested this to them a long time ago.

I don't think the video streams from the navigation cams are processed the same with a eye towards video quality for playback as the gimbal camera. I could be wrong but I've never seen shots from the OA system that was much clearer then basic lines representing the obstacles. To me there'd be no reason to process them to that viewing quality, there's seven 4K cameras, the video stream for that is already huge, running them all through the video processor with an eye for the same detail would be monumental. I could be wrong, ether way I suspect they would like to see that 360 pic, I've had conversation with them before about one of my vids that they found interesting.

Have you seen the 360 superzoom feature for the X2? It is creating a full 360 panorama in real time. They say this will be available for Skydio 2.

The flow down technology Skydio seems to be promising is incredible.

How they're going to accomplish this for S2 will be "through the new Skydio Autonomy Enterprise Foundation add-on package."

Almost implies both hardware AND software within the package....

The flow down technology Skydio seems to be promising is incredible.

How they're going to accomplish this for S2 will be "through the new Skydio Autonomy Enterprise Foundation add-on package."

Almost implies both hardware AND software within the package....
Looks like it may just be a new app.

You could very well be right.... am thinking they might keep the S2 as is but just offer a more "precise" controller, some firmware upgrades and the new app to give the new capabilities.

Reactions: richinAZ
That's pretty nice, So is that a digital zoom or optical?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup