Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Big Horn Mountains Snowboarding

Chuggie Cuda

Reaction score
I had some fun Snowboarding with my Skyido 2 this weekend up at Meadowlark Ski Resort on Powder Pass US 16 in Wyoming. I own and operate a Motel (The Mountain View) in the town of Buffalo WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountain range.

I was riding a 195cm (6'4" long) Lib Tech Snowboard with Flow bindings.

The first run was done with the Skydio2 visually tracking me. I had a long hike back up the hill after it inexplicably broke off pursuit of me and flew to the last point it had WIFI connectivity with my phone, where I stopped and hopped for a moment.

On the second run I used the Skydio 2's beacon. With the GPS beacon it followed me all the way down the hill back to my car. So far, I am very pleased with the aerial performance, and video quality of my Skydio 2 quadcopter drone.

Cool vid, try flying in Fixed track and you'll get less side to side erratic movement. If you have cell access you can put a home point down at the bottom of the run so it doesn't fly back to the last seen location of the phone. Only works if you can load the map though. I've yet to be able to test this out as I can only film in backcountry where there's no cell signal.

PS. Bad-*** on the Lib doughboy, long time lib rider here.

Cool vid, try flying in Fixed track and you'll get less side to side erratic movement. If you have cell access you can put a home point down at the bottom of the run so it doesn't fly back to the last seen location of the phone. Only works if you can load the map though. I've yet to be able to test this out as I can only film in backcountry where there's no cell signal.

U

Thanks, good info, I think there is cell phone reception on the top of the mountain, so I will set return to base area, awesome suggestion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FRANCISCO MENDES MORAES