Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Can I do mapping with the skydio software?

wilddoktor

Reaction score
I'm currently doing 2d ortho mapping with a mavic pro by using the drone deploy app.

Is there a way to do the same with the "cinema" package, and not DD?

I'm currently doing 2d ortho mapping with a mavic pro by using the drone deploy app.

Is there a way to do the same with the "cinema" package, and not DD?
It‘s possible I am misunderstanding your question, let me know if I am.

The Cinema Package doesn’t have any additional capabilities on the actual drone itself. That’s just the the accessories bundle (Sport bundle is less expensive with fewer accessories). At least as far as I’m aware.

Your options for mapping will be to free fly and take your overlapping pictures, or pay for a software to do it for you. Skydio has 3D Scan, which will fly an autonomous mission and collect the pics. But that just gets you the pics, it doesn’t stitch them. I haven’t used 3D Scan yet, so I don’t know if or how 2D missions would work (you would think it would do 2D, but I wouldn’t want to assume that and possibly steer you wrong). To stitch the model, you would still need to do that in some other software. To whereas DroneDeploy will do the flight and stitch the images.
I am thinking about getting Skydio 3D Scan for the automated data collection on buildings and then use ContextCapture or an Autodesk program to stitch my model (I’m still trying to decide on what I want to do with that). I am using it more for research, so 3D Scan might help me get consistent flight/data capture is appealing.

Hopefully this answers your question.

Reactions: GFields

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup