Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Can I fly Skydio outside US/Canada?

herDrone

Reaction score
Hi, I've been waiting for a very long time for the Hover Passport 2 which now feels like a big scam, however, im very interested in buying the Skydio 2 - problem is Im from South Africa and to my knowledge they only ship to US and Canada.
Obviously if I can get hold of the Skydio 2 it will fly in my country. Will there be any issues (except warranty I suppose) that is to be expected?
Any feedback would be much appreciated
Herman

Hi, I've been waiting for a very long time for the Hover Passport 2 which now feels like a big scam, however, im very interested in buying the Skydio 2 - problem is Im from South Africa and to my knowledge they only ship to US and Canada.
Obviously if I can get hold of the Skydio 2 it will fly in my country. Will there be any issues (except warranty I suppose) that is to be expected?
Herman
Yes you can :)

Herman
Ken Herron (YouTube TNL Channel) actually went through the Skydio warranty process for a friends Skydio 2 from New Zealand that he actually crashed during a test flight.

If memory serves me right Skydio ended up honoring its very unique warranty and sent Ken a brand new S2 which he then mailed to New Zealand.

Ken may be willing to give you some more background about any issues he ran into.

The actually crash was recorded on this video earlier this year:

Hardly a real world test, maybe a real world crash by someone not following SDs guidance. Ask it to fly near thin wires or branches at speed and you shouldn't be surprised when it gets taken out.

Reactions: Crracer712
Hardly a real world test, maybe a real world crash by someone not following SDs guidance. Ask it to fly near thin wires or branches at speed and you shouldn't be surprised when it gets taken out.
I only posted the video to provide herDrone a possible lead on possible issues that Ken Herron became aware of when he attempted to get a warranty replacement from Skydio on an S2 not owned by someone in the USA or Canada.

Like yourself I thought Ken was naively unrealistic in the S2's abilities and honestly thought Skydio would be well within its rights to deny replacing the drone.

I realize that, I was just commenting on the video itself. I real world test it every time I fly it, we all do. Most of us know better then to do a bonehead move like the person flying the SD did in that video. Wires and the SD2 don't mix, especially at speed. Noticed his comments are turned off on that video. He's all about views.

Reactions: Crracer712

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup