Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Can I save a Keyframe?

Paulhart22

Reaction score
I am shooting a construction project once a month for the next year. I would love to save my keyframe pathway so the drone fly the same path every month. Is there anyway to do this? I realize I need to take off from the same spot everytime.

Thanks ~ Paul

Paul,

If you have not tried it yet , watch Skydio's Flight School, episode 21 where they explain Key Frames ( better than I could, ) its in the Settings Menu to save that particular setup so you can use it again, but it does not explain how many one can save ?? You are correct about needing to take off from the same spot and heading. there are a few guys here that have used it , hope they catch this thread.

Good Luck in that project, sounds like a great idea.

agreed episode 21 should help "The user defines a flight path by setting “key-frames” and our software creates a smooth spline between the points that can be flown repeatedly, with varying degrees of control, speed, and complexity."

Yes, I have been to flight school. So one can only reload the last Keyframe they flew. So in order to accomplish my goal I could not use Keyframe again for the entire year. Not a likely. Skydio, if your listening, it would be nice to save more than one Keyframe path and it would be great if I could name it!

Haven't updated my S2 FW yet, was interested in the Keyframe feature... been sitting on shelf for a bit.
From this post, you can only have 1 Keyframe saved? You're not able to have several, and pull which one needed for the project?

I used Litchi, GSP, MapPilot, DroneHarmony and several others for rerunning various projects on DJI crafts... similar as OP, for construction over long period of time.

If only 1 Keyframe capable stored, I'm not seeing the benefit to use S2 & Keyframe over other options.

Haven't updated my S2 FW yet, was interested in the Keyframe feature... been sitting on shelf for a bit.
From this post, you can only have 1 Keyframe saved? You're not able to have several, and pull which one needed for the project?

I used Litchi, GSP, MapPilot, DroneHarmony and several others for rerunning various projects on DJI crafts... similar as OP, for construction over long period of time.

If only 1 Keyframe capable stored, I'm not seeing the benefit to use S2 & Keyframe over other options.
i haven't found a way to save and reuse multiple keyframes

i haven't found a way to save and reuse multiple keyframes
Thanks for confirmation.
Little more exploring, looking more as not applicable for construction.
With Keyframig using visual reference and not GPS markers (WP)... have those using, had any success on repeating the flight in future. As example, if construction... large hole, foundation, multiple floors, and changing visually from plastic wrapped to windows & facade.

The visual completely changes and as well as physical height.

Sounds like it's more for a day shoot only.

Thanks for confirmation.
With Keyframig using visual reference and not GPS markers (WP)... have those using, had any success on repeating the flight in future. As example, if construction... large hole, foundation, multiple floors, and changing visually from plastic wrapped to windows & facade.

i don't think you can save and reuse multiple keyframes but i think you can save and reuse single keyframes....if i am using the terminology correctly.

Thanks for confirmation.

Depending on how much the construction site changes, the saved keyframe is likely to function differently because (as you noted) it uses a prior visual map and launch point of reference. The best way to get nearly repeatable keyframes is to take-off in exactly the same place and orientation, and in an environment where none of the visuals change. I've experimented with my Skydio under this scenario and the keyframe execution is generally repeatable, but not exact nor precisely the same each time. It will follow the same path but can be more than a few feet off the prior path it flew. So I think a changing construction environment will make your keyframe repeatability unpredictable.

I'm not sure why the KeyFrame feature doesn't save more than one session. What Skydio ought to be able to do is once the KeyFrame is established the Skydio can then triangulate the KeyFrame points to GPS points and then the user can save the exact KeyFrame Spline for later use over and over again.

I understand there are issues with this method and I assume that is one reason Skydio did not use GPS to generate the KeyFrame; GPS points can change slightly over time based on satellite constellation, GPS may not be reliable inside, surrounded by walls, or under steel infrastructure, etc. But either way, this should be a feature if nothing else than to save the KeyFrames. Heck, what does it matter that the scene has changed? The Skydio can steer itself around anything!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup