Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Catching maps for device without Data connection?

Lifeisfun

Reaction score
Is there way to catch maps on tablet that doesn't use data connection?
I tried to save the area in google maps but that didn't work, still get blank map

Thanks

Anyone? Still can't get it working with data disabled even when the area is downloaded to Google maps first :(

I had the same issue, But only when the drone was under cover(and on) and could not get a GPS signal.
The phone and the bird had to be where they could lock on the GPS. Then the Goggle maps would work.

Reactions: Lifeisfun
I had the same issue, But only when the drone was under cover(and on) and could not get a GPS signal.
The phone and the bird had to be where they could lock on the GPS. Then the Goggle maps would work.
OH, didn't think of that!
Thanks!

BTW, is there way to display how many satellites the drone can see?
Can't find it anywhere.

Last edited:
If you have a Beacon, page 5 of the Beacon manual tells you how to tell if you have sufficient GPS.

Might be interesting to compare how many satellites your phone detects and compare that to the "ring" count reported by the beacon.

If you have a Beacon, page 5 of the Beacon manual tells you how to tell if you have sufficient GPS.

Might be interesting to compare how many satellites your phone detects and compare that to the "ring" count reported by the beacon.
Google maps was showing the location fine at the same time when the S2 app was blank map.
Don't have the beacon only controller. I hope they will show all these details in the app eventually.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup