Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Changes to Obstacle Avoidance for Takeoff

FliesDrones

Reaction score
If you're on the latest firmware, you should be aware that the takeoff has had it's obstacle avoidance restrictions moved very close in... I've been able to do take offs with only like 3 inches on each side of the drone.

Before the latest update, it truly needed like 3 feet in every direction.

Reactions: Ridefreak
This is good news for me for takeoff but does it work in landing also? I operate my drone from my boat occasionally and it will not takeoff from the deck.

This is good news for me for takeoff but does it work in landing also? I operate my drone from my boat occasionally and it will not takeoff from the deck.
Have you tried hand launching? I just hang on to it till it lifts off from my palm on it's own. Where I fly there's frequently sand everywhere and hand launching is the only way to keep sand out of the drone. It's actually pretty easy.

Reactions: Ashgrove2000
Have you tried hand launching? I just hang on to it till it lifts off from my palm on it's own. Where I fly there's frequently sand everywhere and hand launching is the only way to keep sand out of the drone. It's actually pretty easy.
Yes that is how I have to do it. However, if the boat is moving a lot holding it up makes the moving worse which will cause an unsteady unable to take off message. This will also help me land the drone back on my boat!

Reactions: Ridefreak

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FRANCISCO MENDES MORAES