Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Check out this Video - What Just Happened to My Skydio 2+?

bikeridez

Reaction score
I feel like since the last 2 or 3 firmware updates we've went backwards in the drones ability to track objects visually. Most of the time I'm unable to go higher then the second height level when flying with the beacon. If I do, the drone looses visual tracking and then tracks on GPS only. When this happens the drone does all kinds of crazy stuff.

This is a video taken last weekend. I'm really not sure what the heck happened here. It looks like the drone rolled over but caught itself. All I know is I got about 1/4 mile down the trail and realized the drone was not following me any longer (again, as this is now and every single flight occurrence). I turned back and found it hovering in the middle of the trail. I have the drone set to stay at 30 feet when it loses signal, but it was hovering at about 10 feet. When I got home and watched the video back I saw this:

Anyone have an idea on what happened here?

Maybe the gimbal got stuck? But then why would the drone stop in place. Once it corrected it should have followed the GPS signal towards me?

Definitely not normal. You can contact support and they will tell you bla, bla, bla, bad GPS.
I had a similar instance where my Gimble shook violently and then the drone took off about 50 yards before it stopped.
Not sure if it will help, but my 1st thought would be to do a reset.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UpAboveVisuals