Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Downloading Video to Phone

Stiks47

Reaction score
What’s the quickest and easiest way to get video from the drone to the phone?

I purchased the Quik app from GoPro and it works great for my needs.

I can download videos less than 5 minutes long over the app connection but it takes a long time. I’ve been trying to get a 15 min video off the drone via wireless and either the phone or drone shuts off while transferring. I thought it would be as simple as hooking the drone to the computer or phone but it doesn’t appear to be that easy. What am I missing ?

is there software better than Quik for the laptop?

I think what you might be experiencing is expected. What is the file size? Do you use 'automatic recording'? I film in 4k 60fPS with my Skydio using auto. The video files are easily 7-10G most the time if I have flown without changing modes for 10+ minutes.

Personally I usually just copy the SD card to my desktop with card reader when I'm editing. But if I want to pull a quick video for Instagram or still the app is the way to go. It automatically combines your audio stream which is really nice.

Ah got it. So you remove the SD card. I did discover one thing, if I plug the cable into the phone, and then into the drone when it is still off, the phone will recognize it as an SD card and not a drone. This is with an android phone. I hit a button called “mts” I think and it transfers it without having to remove the card.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup