Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Drone won't launch using controller

arctair

Reaction score
Today I tried to launch the Skydio for the first time with the controller. First off, let's talk about all the nonsense about having to turn your wifi on, then off, then plugging the cable in, then unplugging it, a few more wifi dances, some actual dances, before you finally have a connection.

You know you have a connection because when you hold the launch button down, you see the respective launch action taking place on your screen.

And then... nothing.

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Within milliseconds of the props spinning up, the lights went yellow, I got some error message along the lines of "shimmy is a possibility" (I refuse, after the day I just had, to go back outside and fire this thing up again to see what the actual message was, but that's pretty close. I swear it said "shimmy" in some capacity.)

This happened with a case launch.
This happened with a hand launch.

As soon as I disconnected the controller, and used the phone button to hand launch, she was hovering on the first try.

Anyone know what's going on here?

Last edited:
"First off, let's talk about all the nonsense about having to turn your wifi on, then off, then plugging the cable in, then unplugging it, a few more wifi dances, some actual dances, before you finally have a connection."

I dunno what thats all about. See below for how to pair S2 to controller. Its simple....but sounds like yours was a process.

I am just guessing, but it sounds like you have a defective controller. Mine was defective...wouldn't charge properly. I'd get ahold of Skydio support.

Are you holding the launch button down until it launches? If you let go too soon it will abort takeoff.

Are you holding the launch button down until it launches? If you let go too soon it will abort takeoff.
Yes, of course.

I sent-off a support message to Skydio on Fri, but for whatever reason, if you use use the on-screen takeoff button — same exact setup — it launches perfectly, case or hand. And after I got it in the air, I tested every controller function there is, and all worked flawlessly. So lowering my personal priority on this, and the controller takeoff button can get dusty I suppose.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup