Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

First Flight with Controller and Beacon

ngengs

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just got my SD2, having issues connecting app to the drone so I decided to try the controller, then the beacon. Questions though...

Does one need the app to fly with the controller? I am thinking not, because as the flight school video says to turn off wifi and connect the rc to the phone with the provided cable.

Same question for the beacon, can you fly the drone with the beacon alone? Or does it need to be paired with the phone app.

Sorry for the "duh" questions. Thanks for your help.

Hi all,

Just got my SD2, having issues connecting app to the drone so I decided to try the controller, then the beacon. Questions though...

Does one need the app to fly with the controller? I am thinking not, because as the flight school video says to turn off wifi and connect the rc to the phone with the provided cable.

Same question for the beacon, can you fly the drone with the beacon alone? Or does it need to be paired with the phone app.

Sorry for the "duh" questions. Thanks for your help.
You can fly with the Beacon alone. They suggest that flying with the phone and Beacon is better. I guess so you can make sure that its camera is on you. I was flying with the Beacon alone and it decided to lock on to someone else for a while. I didn't even know until I reviewed the footage.

You can fly with the Beacon alone. They suggest that flying with the phone and Beacon is better. I guess so you can make sure that its camera is on you. I was flying with the Beacon alone and it decided to lock on to someone else for a while. I didn't even know until I reviewed the footage.
Also using the phone helps with GPS positioning since it uses the phone's GPS as well as the beacon's for location.
As for using the controller, it does use the app since the controller has no screen to interface with the Skydio 2.

Reactions: deedeebulldog
Also using the phone helps with GPS positioning since it uses the phone's GPS as well as the beacon's for location.
As for using the controller, it does use the app since the controller has no screen to interface with the Skydio 2.
That could be why the Beacon is telling me that it would be faster with the app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FRANCISCO MENDES MORAES