Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

FYI reset to factory defaults/unpaired process for Controller/Beacon

Addos

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just wanted to post this information if it could be helpful to other skydio 2 pilots if you ever need to reset your controller or your beacon back to unpaired factory defaults:

You can reset the controller by lifting the antenna, and then pressing and holding down the following four buttons until the controller light turns bright white:
* Landing button
* Return to home
* top left trigger button
* top right trigger button

On the beacon, turn the beacon off.
Then press and hold the following buttons at the same time:
* left
* right
* skydio

You will get a menu that you can use the left/right buttons to navigate, and you can use the skydio button to select an option. In this case pick FACTORY RESET.
The menu will say:
REBOOT
POWER OFF
FACTORY RESET

Hopefully this information is useful to everyone!

Great!
Thanks for the detailed steps on how to.
Why did you have to reset?
I got my beacon second hand(it was paired to different S2 since it tried to look for it when I powered it on)
It paired it without problems to my S2 using the cable without reset.

Having controller problems.
I figured I would provide these steps so that anyone who wants to sell the beacon/controller can reset them. Also, it can be helpful as a troubleshooting step, if something is going wrong. Surprised that this isn't documented in the manual for either device.

Reactions: Lifeisfun
Having controller problems.
I figured I would provide these steps so that anyone who wants to sell the beacon/controller can reset them. Also, it can be helpful as a troubleshooting step, if something is going wrong. Surprised that this isn't documented in the manual for either device.
Yeah, no kidding.
Good on you posting here, it will help others!
What problems you have with the controller?

The controls aren't working properly with it. I can get it into the air, but then it doesn't respond properly to stick controls.

The controls aren't working properly with it. I can get it into the air, but then it doesn't respond properly to stick controls.
WiFi Off on the phone when using controller, also when you take off some people reported that it will stop about 30ft and you have to move horizontally first to be able go higher.

Yes wifi is off. And no this is beyond how high it flies. The sticks literally cause the drone to fly erratically and unpredictably. Arguably dangerously, since I can't get it to fly where I want/need it to go. I end up having to force a landing. Sent data to skydio to investigate what is going wrong.

Yes wifi is off. And no this is beyond how high it flies. The sticks literally cause the drone to fly erratically and unpredictably. Arguably dangerously, since I can't get it to fly where I want/need it to go. I end up having to force a landing. Sent data to skydio to investigate what is going wrong.
Wow :(
Let's hope they will figure it out fast, pretty fast response time from them now ??

If I had to guess, something is probably defective with the controller. Since the beacon in manual mode doesn't have the same problems.

If I had to guess, something is probably defective with the controller. Since the beacon in manual mode doesn't have the same problems.
Did it ever worked properly?

Would be easy to check with another S2 but they are so rare, at least around here in Canada

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup