Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Googles & Video output

hawkone

Reaction score
I purchase a DJI Mavic 2 Pro pre-owned about a year ago, as I was a new & amateur pilot. Since then I was presented the options to fly drones as a additional job duties for my job, the only caveat is that I am required to Fly Skydio Drones.

Question, I know that Skydio has its own Live Stream via the cloud.skydio.com URL, Is there any Skydio Drone Googles that I can use in addition to broadcasting the flight on the cloud.skydio.com and also outputting the video via a USB type-c. I purchased the Drone Mask, which allows you connect a cell phone.

Skydio Drone Googles
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!
Drop by the pilot’s
check-in to introduce yourself!

Googles that use Smartphones, like the DroneMask should work.
However, keep in mind that (depending on your location) there may be special rules to fly using goggles. The FAA in the USA requires a VO (visual observer) and since this is job-related, you must have a Part 107 license.

Reactions: BlueHeeler
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!
Drop by the pilot’s
check-in to introduce yourself!

Googles that use Smartphones, like the DroneMask should work.
However, keep in mind that (depending on your location) there may be special rules to fly using goggles. The FAA in the USA requires a VO (visual observer) and since this is job-related, you must have a Part 107 license.
Thank-you GFields for your response. Yes, I am slowly learning the Part 107 as it is a requirement request of my company as well before any reimbursement of equipment is received.

You bring up a topic that I would like to continue the conversation on. Visual observer (VO), I know Skydio has a broadcasting feature via the cloud.skydio.com, and I carry around binoculars when I do fly for my observer in addition to myself.

Question: Do you know if Skydio has the ability to broadcast over a HDMI or USB type-c to a monitor via the controller or a adapter, in addition to broadcasting through the Skydio controller? This would be beneficial for loss of network while broadcasting through the cloud.skydio.com URL

Last edited:
Thank-you GFields for your response. Yes, I am slowly learning the Part 107 as it is a requirement request of my company as well before any reimbursement of equipment is received.

You bring up a topic that I would like to continue the conversation on. Visual observer (VO), I know Skydio has a broadcasting feature via the cloud.skydio.com, and I carry around binoculars when I do fly for my observer in addition to myself.

Question: Do you know if Skydio has the ability to broadcast over a HDMI or USB type-c to a monitor via the controller or a adapter, in addition to broadcasting through the Skydio controller? This would be beneficial for loss of network while broadcasting through the cloud.skydio.com URL
I don't have Skydio Enterprise so I really am unable to answer that question. I assume you can use an adaptor (USB type-c to HDMI) to connect an external monitor to the controller. But that might make control a bit cumbersome. I would contact Skydio Help for more information.

As far as binoculars, the FAA says that the PIC or VO must be able to see the drone at all times (VLOS) 'without' visual assistance (other than eyeglasses or corrective lenses).

I don't have Skydio Enterprise so I really am unable to answer that question. I assume you can use an adaptor (USB type-c to HDMI) to connect an external monitor to the controller. But that might make control a bit cumbersome. I would contact Skydio Help for more information.

As far as binoculars, the FAA says that the PIC or VO must be able to see the drone at all times (VLOS) 'without' visual assistance (other than eyeglasses or corrective lenses).
Thank you

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup