Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Has Anyone Checked Out eBay?

Old adage of “a fool and his money?” The best thing that could happen is the bids stay below 50% of normal cost.

That's an interesting take... I personally would like it to be as high as possible just in case I want to dump mine!

If you don’t want to fly it, why buy it? These eBay sharks just peeve me.

I get that but supply and demand, sir... I'm not gonna lie, I'll look at eBay before sending mine back if I'm unhappy. Getting more than I paid for something I don't want would not break my heart in the least!

Reactions: CarbonRacing
I get that but supply and demand, sir... I'm not gonna lie, I'll look at eBay before sending mine back if I'm unhappy. Getting more than I paid for something I don't want would not break my heart in the least!
If it is used that is fine, but unopened is another story. Supply and demand has nothing to do with it, it is akin to scalping tickets to concerts and sporting events.

If it is used that is fine, but unopened is another story. Supply and demand has nothing to do with it, it is akin to scalping tickets to concerts and sporting events.
As Trump has said, if it's legal to do even though morally wrong than its still ok.
Why do you think he don't want his tax returns exposed. lol

I believe scalping is illegal. But we digress, this really has very little to do with flying UAS’s.
Ticket scalping is altogether different than selling a product on eBay for profit. It happens to every product that is in short supply.
Look at the Oculus Quest VR headset right now, retail is $400 but nobody has them in stock so there going for over $1000 on eBay.

Who remembers the craziness when the original Mavic Pro came out. The same thing- selling for between $2-$3k.

But there were a few eBay sellers on the Mavic forums that sold at high prices, the buyer crashed the drone, the buyer complained to eBay and in every case the seller had to refund the $$$ back to the buyer and then had a broken MP.

I really don’t see what is immoral about resale of an item for profit. It happens every single time you make a purchase at any store. The seller is happy with the profit and the buyer is happy he got a product without the long wait. Everyone is happy. Exactly who was harmed?

Reactions: Agchenry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup