Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Hello from Los Angeles!

Vindicator846

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I recently got a skydio 2+ for the purpose of doing indoor/outdoor free-lance work. I'm contemplating getting the enterprise software but im wondering if it's 100% necessary, or if I could pull off some work without it at first. I would love to hear your thoughts about the differences in capabilities. Also I'm curious how viable free-lance work is in the drone world.

Welcome to the forum 👍👍

Hello everyone,

I recently got a skydio 2+ for the purpose of doing indoor/outdoor free-lance work. I'm contemplating getting the enterprise software but im wondering if it's 100% necessary, or if I could pull off some work without it at first. I would love to hear your thoughts about the differences in capabilities. Also I'm curious how viable free-lance work is in the drone world.
Hi Vindicator, I am in LA also and considering a Skydio 2. But first I am looking for helpful forums where I can figure out some business issues and the best path forward. Have you found this forum helpful?

Hi Vindicator, I am in LA also and considering a Skydio 2. But first I am looking for helpful forums where I can figure out some business issues and the best path forward. Have you found this forum helpful?
I haven't really attempted to utilize the sites resources yet. I just got approved for my 107 license, and im waiting on my FAA # so I can register the drones and get started. My plan was to start local and expand outwardsand the plan seems to be working organically. For example, I went to a large park in my area and asked a group of guys playing basketball if I could film them in exchange for the footage. The Skydio performed really well, and they were very impressed. turns out one of them is an executive at NBC and wanted my info, so you never know what will happen when you fly for fun! That being said, I think Skydio autonomy enterprise is a must for serious work which is unfortunate. $700 annual which unlocks all the advanced features, minus the 3d mapping which is another $3000 on top of the base package.

I haven't really attempted to utilize the sites resources yet. I just got approved for my 107 license, and im waiting on my FAA # so I can register the drones and get started. My plan was to start local and expand outwardsand the plan seems to be working organically. For example, I went to a large park in my area and asked a group of guys playing basketball if I could film them in exchange for the footage. The Skydio performed really well, and they were very impressed. turns out one of them is an executive at NBC and wanted my info, so you never know what will happen when you fly for fun! That being said, I think Skydio autonomy enterprise is a must for serious work which is unfortunate. $700 annual which unlocks all the advanced features, minus the 3d mapping which is another $3000 on top of the base package.
Good to know. I just bought the DJI Min3 three since that is what all the pilots and a couple of friends who have drones suggested. Serious drone pilots have at least two or three drones for different usages, so perhaps I will pursue the Skydio option sometime next year.
It just seems to make the most sense for the moment.

Hello everyone,

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum!

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi Vindicator, does they Keyframe software for automating flight paths come native with the Skydio or does that need to be purchased separately?

Hi Vindicator, does they Keyframe software for automating flight paths come native with the Skydio or does that need to be purchased separately?
From what I've read, this is a standard feature offered for Skydio 2 and 2+

From what I've read, this is a standard feature offered for Skydio 2 and 2+
At the moment I am still learning how to fly the M3P. I have clients that will hire me to shoo indoors once I figure out how best to do this. For the next three months at least, I am going to focus on learning how to fly and shoot outdoors and then shoot indoors.

Once I do that, it would seem it would be a choice between the Skydio 2+ and the Avata.

Do you know if the Skydio has FPV options?

At the moment I am still learning how to fly the M3P. I have clients that will hire me to shoo indoors once I figure out how best to do this. For the next three months at least, I am going to focus on learning how to fly and shoot outdoors and then shoot indoors.

Once I do that, it would seem it would be a choice between the Skydio 2+ and the Avata.

Do you know if the Skydio has FPV options?
Skydio Controller -

provides advanced flight controls and an extended range of operation for your Skydio 2/2+. Skydio Controller uses your mobile device as your first-person view (FPV) screen, allowing you to fly with precision.

I would think that the DJI Avata would be a good candidate for indoor flying.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup