Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

How to manually control video capture

frankbonatelli

Reaction score
So two days of fun. watched tons of videos pre and post ownership! No where can i find how to control video recording. My drone seems to only record automatically. The phone app is weak tea for settings and all i seem to be able to do is let it record from launch to landing! 12 gig files are annoying to find a gem shot in! The manual shows the ability to do this but not the how of it.
Any others out there have knowledge on this to share?

FYI
iPad mini 5 to control it connected to beacon for extended range
Latest firmware updates applied.

Don't know, but interested in the solution. I haven't tried very hard to find the answer, but I've noticed the same deal when flying. I just assumed tapping the recording icon would stop the auto record, but it didn't.

I fought auto record at first since it essentially isn't auto, it's just record everything while in flight. But after a few times forgetting to hit record while in manual and losing a shot I just leave it on auto now. I generally end up switching modes to take photos while in flight which will start a new video file. That way you don't get 1 huge file which is a pain to scrub while editing.

Last edited:
baksideDisasterFlicks
I see the wisdom in those words for sure. Typically I do enjoy the takeing of photos dureing a flight. I will test this out on my next flight. Would be perfect if it took the photo then auto started video capture again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup