Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

How to orbit an OBJECT?

Skyking

Reaction score
I have a Skydio 2. I am a real estate photographer. How can I get it to orbit or do a "skill" around / froman OBJET. Yes, I see that it identifies cars, people, animals but how to I orbit a HOME or BUILDING?

Lon Denard

Reaction score
I have a Skydio 2. I am a real estate photographer. How can I get it to orbit or do a "skill" around / froman OBJET. Yes, I see that it identifies cars, people, animals but how to I orbit a HOME or BUILDING?
You don't, brother... That a manual skill. The good news is that with the Obstacle Avoidance, you should be pretty safe.

Example:

(BTW the orbits around the car were Skydio auto orbits, not exactly smooth...)

Last edited:

Skyking

Reaction score
I need to be able to do multiple 260 rotations about an object and manipulate distance and altitude. I am an experienced drone pilot with well over 1200 missions averaging 20 minutes each.

Lon Denard

Reaction score
I need to be able to do multiple 260 rotations about an object and manipulate distance and altitude. I am an experienced drone pilot with well over 1200 missions averaging 20 minutes each.
You could have someone stand on the roof... Sorry, I'm not trying to be a jerk or whatever but that's just not something the Skydio 2 can do. They could easily add it in a firmware update later, if they choose. This goes back to my misgivings with the platform for cinematography and enterprise use. It just doesn't have the necessary features baked in. I even looked at Drone Deploy ($99/month) but I couldn't get a concrete answer if it added a point of interest option. They do offer a 14 day free trial and claim it is compatible with the Skydio 2. So you could try it.

All I can say is otherwise you'll have to fly your orbits manually for the time being. With your flight experience, it should be a piece of cake.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hummerav