Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Is there a way to preload maps in Skydio App?

baksideDisasterFlicks

Reaction score
I was out flying in pretty remote location yesterday and wanted to set a home point below me on the mountain in the event that Skydio lost connection. Unfortunately I had no cell service so when it went into map view thus I had no frame of reference where to set my home point. Does anyone know if there's a way to preload maps into the app? I haven't tried it yet but I thought I might just connect to Skydio open app at home while I'm on wifi, move map to where I'm going to film this weekend and see if it caches. Anyone know if that might work?

I was out flying in pretty remote location yesterday and wanted to set a home point below me on the mountain in the event that Skydio lost connection. Unfortunately I had no cell service so when it went into map view thus I had no frame of reference where to set my home point. Does anyone know if there's a way to preload maps into the app? I haven't tried it yet but I thought I might just connect to Skydio open app at home while I'm on wifi, move map to where I'm going to film this weekend and see if it caches. Anyone know if that might work?
I tried many times to download the area in Google maps, never worked, even contacted support but it was pointless conversation with no end or solution.
Try to contact them as well.

I tried many times to download the area in Google maps, never worked, even contacted support but it was pointless conversation with no end or solution.
Try to contact them as well.
Will do, they love my support requests. I try to send at least one a month. ?

Reactions: Lifeisfun
Skydio replied.. sounds like it's on their radar.

"Thank you for reaching out and for your feedback. That would be a great feature and while I don't have any specific timeline, I can say that we are working on adding that in future update. We appreciate you choosing Skydio. Have a great weekend.
Best regards,"

Skydio replied.. sounds like it's on their radar.

"Thank you for reaching out and for your feedback. That would be a great feature and while I don't have any specific timeline, I can say that we are working on adding that in future update. We appreciate you choosing Skydio. Have a great weekend.
Best regards,"
Yeah, like every other bug reported, got reply in early May that said it will be fixed soon ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup