Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Jerkiness in Skydio 2 Slow moving video - CONFIRMED

Oh Kendall is AWESOME though! I'm trying to talk him (or ANYONE) into editing my footage for me... So far no takers...

Oh and not to argue, but here's the thing. Okay, these shots are difficult with another drone, just like some shots can only be done with a Cinewhoop, but just like with tracking/follow me, who's flying through the jungle in Hawaii everyday? Or the Redwood Forrest Preserve? Or the Painted Desert? Most of us live in and around cities and want to get those kinds of shots. They can be difficult with this drone. Just being real.
I agree about urban environments. Depending on your needs and environment, different drones are going to be the best all-rounders for different people. But I think the Skydio is the best for MOST people. Easily the best high-speed tracking and OA combined with easily the best cinematic abilities when flying backwards or quickly through obstacle-rich environments. Those two kinds of shots are the most interesting ones I can think of for a drone. Given that I think most can live with the weaknesses.

Reactions: skydioconvert
I agree about urban environments. Depending on your needs and environment, different drones are going to be the best all-rounders for different people. But I think the Skydio is the best for MOST people. Easily the best high-speed tracking and OA combined with easily the best cinematic abilities when flying backwards or quickly through obstacle-rich environments. Those two kinds of shots are the most interesting ones I can think of for a drone. Given that I think most can live with the weaknesses.

Hey, you don't have a Skydio yet, do you? Check the classifieds...

Hey, you don't have a Skydio yet, do you? Check the classifieds...
No, I wish I could wait a couple of months to see how many improvements are made and how many issues persist, and then pull the trigger on a new one if I still wanted it. But then I'd have to wait over a year to get it! Maybe the used Ebay prices will have come down by then. Autel Evo 2?

That flying backwards cinematic capability sure grabs my attention.

When you've got 1 meter in diameter protective bubble around your craft all kinds of new possibilities open up.

I've noticed that when the Skydio 2 (S2) is used to capture cinematic (i.e. slow moving) video there is a very noticeable jerkiness through out the footage.

That was a concern to me because being able to capture smooth video for uses such as slow moving cinematic scenes, real estate AV or even building inspections was important to me.

Then today I ran across this video that seems to confirm the jerkiness problem.

In the back of mind I was guessing that the S2's incredible OA system may have in fact been causing or at least been contributing to the jerkiness problem.

The reviewer in this video comes to the same conclusion.

Hopefully this is just a firmware fix that Skydio has waiting in the pipeline....
21 Cornell Road from Brookfield Photographer on Vimeo

I've noticed that when the Skydio 2 (S2) is used to capture cinematic (i.e. slow moving) video there is a very noticeable jerkiness through out the footage.

That was a concern to me because being able to capture smooth video for uses such as slow moving cinematic scenes, real estate AV or even building inspections was important to me.

Then today I ran across this video that seems to confirm the jerkiness problem.

In the back of mind I was guessing that the S2's incredible OA system may have in fact been causing or at least been contributing to the jerkiness problem.

The reviewer in this video comes to the same conclusion.

Hopefully this is just a firmware fix that Skydio has waiting in the pipeline....
Very nice. Thank you.

Very nice. Thank you.
Wish I could take credit for that video but unfortunately its not mine.

I did follow the Brookfield Photographer link however and did see a well thought out real estate agents website.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaimejcornado