Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Landing far off the mark

Hammertime

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced the RTH feature where the drone misses its take off mark? I was using the controller the other day and landed close to 10ft from take-off hover port once and the other time I tried to stop it from landing it missed the mark by close to 5ft and made minced cactus. OA does NOT work upon landing

Minced cactus. Tasty!

But on the serious side, the Skydio ads don't claim anything like DJI's "Precision Landing" using a camera to land in the same spot as takeoff. Skydio uses GPS for all it's location services, and even Garmin claims accuracy of something like 4 metres.

Minced cactus. Tasty!

But on the serious side, the Skydio ads don't claim anything like DJI's "Precision Landing" using a camera to land in the same spot as takeoff. Skydio uses GPS for all it's location services, and even Garmin claims accuracy of something like 4 metres.

True! I always advise guys to land their drones manually.

Has anyone experienced the RTH feature where the drone misses its take off mark? I was using the controller the other day and landed close to 10ft from take-off hover port once and the other time I tried to stop it from landing it missed the mark by close to 5ft and made minced cactus. OA does NOT work upon landing

For what it's worth, if the drone is auto landing, the OA still works.

Example,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FRANCISCO MENDES MORAES