Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Low flying

Jim_bo

Reaction score
Is there any way to get skydio to fly lower when doing a follow me flight?? I love the shots it gets, but if they were at a lower altitude, they would be so much better.

I don't necessarily want it going below the 8' floor... I just don't want it flying at 30'or so. Is there a way to keep it at the 8'floor?

You could try using the wand feature on the beacon to drag the drone down to the hight you want.

You could try using the wand feature on the beacon to drag the drone down to the hight you want.
No... I'll be filming me on a mountain bike. Not enough hands to use the wand. Also, I will be going up and down hills, so my elevation will be changing.

No... I'll be filming me on a mountain bike. Not enough hands to use the wand. Also, I will be going up and down hills, so my elevation will be changing.
Set it before you start riding... use the + and - buttons to bring it closer or further away.

Set it before you start riding... use the + and - buttons to bring it closer or further away.
I understand the +- buttons for closet or farther.... How do you say altitude before starting?

Like I said in the previous post. Hold the skydio button on the beacon and drag the drone down to the hight you want. It should stay close to were you drag it. It will make it's own decision if it needs to increase altitude to avoid something.

Problem is in follow the faster you go the higher it flies.

I constantly drag my S2 down with the Beacon but once I hit 10-15 mph my S2 starts gaining altitude. I'm sure this is programmed in for safety at speed.

If I want to stay low at speed I use my Anafi or Typhoon; I would like to see Skydio ease up and allow us to stay close to the ground at speed but that would probably lead to more crashes for those who don't stay alert.

I fly allot at speed, often in open areas and it does a pretty good job at staying low if I tell it to but as soon as it detects objects extending above it's height floor it gains altitude. It makes the decision pretty far out which I like because that means it doesn't slow down and handles it smoothly.

There's 2 issues to consider, if it's staying low and there's trees around it's not going to keep up, it will slow then rise up to avoid the obstacle and continue on. For me that means slowing to let it catch up. The other issue is when I've forced it to fly lower then it wanted in those conditions at speed is the only times I've crashed it. The faster it flies the further it's looking out. If I'm in the open desert it will stay pretty close to the 8' height floor. I've learned not to turn that off at the speeds I use the SD2, bad things happen.

I don't think there's much you can do but constantly drag it down if you're moving quickly. Though I was able to get it to stay decently low while riding around in a car previously -- this was with constant interaction as I was using the controller. With the Beacon alone, it definitely fly as a bit more conservatively.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup