Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

My Wheelin Videos

CrashMan

Reaction score
So I decided to give this thing a good workout and figured this trail was a good one with both open/forest sections. I gotta say I was quite pleased with it. In my big plan I will be adding my usual multiple GoPro's to the mix but figured this was a good start..

That looked challenging with varying light, twigs and tree's. The S2 did well.

That looked challenging with varying light, twigs and tree's. The S2 did well.
I did have one take down earlier by a small twig which I kinda consider a normal risk for having the height floor off... And its the only thing that I worry about not so much having it go down but knowing where it is when it does...

Another from the day--again I was happy it was working pretty good...

I didn't get the best results this time. It was giving me the "not keeping" me in center focus. Which is weird since it was working extremely good prior...

Reactions: Ridefreak
Another.. If you watch it closely you can tell when its in gps mode.... This was after the last update

Reactions: Trailryder42
I was kinda shocked how well the drone did on this trail. The second half of it has trees and it actually did pretty good going one way. On the way out it didn't seem to do as well..

Another. It did quite well until the end. I have a mount of my A-pillar where I can see the beacon easily and move its position around me..

Reactions: ETdronehome
Another. It did quite well until the end. I have a mount of my A-pillar where I can see the beacon easily and move its position around me..

I’m guessing your one of those guys with extra hands! Drive your rig and control a S2 at the same time 😜

Interesting part at 3 min where the shadow of the drone shows on the ground.

Again around 5min where the drone is sort of zooming in and out is pretty cool.

Thought for sure you were going to trim some trees at 9:30ish but the OA did it’s thing.

Like @Ridefreak says “it’s learning” ! Or maybe you are as well.

The vehicle is a bit reminiscent of my days running a log skidder in BC. Gotta think outside the box sometimes :)

Reactions: Ridefreak
I tried doing that with my Mavic Pro 2 and the controller... Ya that did not end up working well at all,lol... Ya when it zooms in/out its in gps mode and I assume its having a hard time with the gps data. A few times I could see it go from eyesight to gps /back again and I knew exactly how the footage would look.. Luckily its doing better with keeping my rig in center frame... Well I know I am learning but thats more of changing the drone positions to a better suited location due to whats around me. And ya it did strike a small branch "again" but it recovered like it was nothing and kept going. So far I think its gone down like 2 times with a couple blades needed replacement. Still fewer so far than my Mavic (took all 4 out once,whoops).....

Reactions: ETdronehome
So for the most part I was pretty happy with how it went this time and keeping me in frame was pretty good granted there were really no obstructions. I did have 2 instances where it lost me and I had to backup and let it find me again.

So it was time to push this little guy a little harder. I did have one disconnect in the middle of the trail(edited out). But was pretty happy with it...

Did a good job avoiding small branches.
Ya its pretty smart. Out of the 4 trails I filmed this was the best in its operation. If the weather is good again friday I am going to try your method (No phone) and see how it reacts...

And this was the last trail I did. I don't whats up with this trail but every time it just acts like a pissed off kid.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup