Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

New landing pad

I will too (due to lack of options). I just wish it was not (in my opinion) so over priced.

Last edited:
Looks like a nice charger for the Mavic batteries.

After waiting so long for the S2, I'm going to stay with the Skydio 2 Dual Charger to avoid any possible down the road warranty problems,
Considering the SD charger occasionally gets firmware updates tells me there's allot more going on there then just providing current to the battery.

With more and more equipment involved with firmware updates, whats the best way to assure all firmware is up to date before leaving for the flying area?

Are firmware versions for each piece of equipment shown when they are turned on?

I am surprised that Skydio doesn't offer their own landing pad with their logo on it. Trying to land on the case just doesn't seem like a sure thing to me. Seems like it would be rather easy for the Skydio to be slightly off center and then just slide off into the dirt, damaging one or more blades.
I covered this here:

With more and more equipment involved with firmware updates, whats the best way to assure all firmware is up to date before leaving for the flying area?

Are firmware versions for each piece of equipment shown when they are turned on?
Turn it on in the house before leaving and connect with the app. It will pop up with an update required, after I power cycle everything, then power up the SD and connect with the beacon, followed by the phone to the beacon. It will update the beacon at that time if it's needed. Same with the controller when you connect with that. I had it update once out on the trail and it was a pain plus used a good bit of battery. Connecting at home is part of my drill now along with formatting the SD card before packing everything up.

Reactions: skydioconvert
Turn it on in the house before leaving and connect with the app. It will pop up with an update required, after I power cycle everything, then power up the SD and connect with the beacon, followed by the phone to the beacon. It will update the beacon at that time if it's needed. Same with the controller when you connect with that. I had it update once out on the trail and it was a pain plus used a good bit of battery. Connecting at home is part of my drill now along with formatting the SD card before packing everything up.
Wouldn't just putting the phone in Airplane Mode (after doing all the above) avoid updating problems while flying?

Wouldn't just putting the phone in Airplane Mode (after doing all the above) avoid updating problems while flying?
There isn't update issues while flying, it wouldn't let me fly till the drone was updated. I want the benefit of the updates so I do them in the evening now so the next time I fly it's ready to go.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FRANCISCO MENDES MORAES