Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

newbie trying to build their first fpv race drone

TDamiano

Reaction score
I am a newbie to the fpv drone world, I have previous experience with drones(dji mavic's and stuff like that) but I wanted to get into fpv drone freestyle. I'm currently trying to pick out parts to build my own but I'm lost. A few questions I have are
1) Do you need 1 brushless esc for each motor as well as a power distributer board or is it one or the other?
2) Is there a difference between a 4in1 esc and a power distributer board, or are they the same?
3) Do all flight controllers need to be soldered and programmed or are there any that come with the soldering already done and the board programmed with options or software to change it?
4) Do all electronic components need to match power ratings such as having a 45amp flight controller, a 45amp esc, a 45amp motor, or can it be a 3-4s flight controller, 4s esc, and a 3-4s motor?
5) what do the different "kv" numbers mean? I'm guessing its some sort of rpm or speed rating but as I said, I'm a newbie so I could be completely wrong.
6) If possible could someone give me a list of different compatible parts or multiple of each that would work with one another?

I am a newbie to the fpv drone world, I have previous experience with drones(dji mavic's and stuff like that) but I wanted to get into fpv drone freestyle. I'm currently trying to pick out parts to build my own but I'm lost. A few questions I have are
1) Do you need 1 brushless esc for each motor as well as a power distributer board or is it one or the other?
2) Is there a difference between a 4in1 esc and a power distributer board, or are they the same?
3) Do all flight controllers need to be soldered and programmed or are there any that come with the soldering already done and the board programmed with options or software to change it?
4) Do all electronic components need to match power ratings such as having a 45amp flight controller, a 45amp esc, a 45amp motor, or can it be a 3-4s flight controller, 4s esc, and a 3-4s motor?
5) what do the different "kv" numbers mean? I'm guessing its some sort of rpm or speed rating but as I said, I'm a newbie so I could be completely wrong.
6) If possible could someone give me a list of different compatible parts or multiple of each that would work with one another?
Try and read/join or sister forum here
👍👍 You join there like you did here.

Just tried EMAX Tinyhawk for the first time and I'm impressed but thought I was going to throw up after it lol...
Although here i found few more great fpv drone suggestion which hleps me a lot.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup