Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

November deliveries

Jim_bo

Reaction score
What happened to the promised November deliveries? I'm a batch 1 guy and I still haven't gotten the email asking for payment. Seems like another case off over promising and under delivering.

Welcome to the forum and the world of new releases.

What happened to the promised November deliveries? I'm a batch 1 guy and I still haven't gotten the email asking for payment. Seems like another case off over promising and under delivering.
When did you order? If it was Oct 1 and you received an email response to your $100 reservation pmt with an order number beginning in 6 then you are on the first batch. If all that isn't so then it's likely you aren't on the first batch. If it is, I would be contacting skydio to inquire about it. Most of the buyers I know who ordered the first day already made payment and received tracking numbers. In one instance the buyer received his drone yesterday.

Good luck, I hope you get it straightened out and welcome to the forum.

Reactions: dirkclod
Is that person a member here if not have em join Ridefreak. ?

When did you order? If it was Oct 1 and you received an email response to your $100 reservation pmt with an order number beginning in 6 then you are on the first batch. If all that isn't so then it's likely you aren't on the first batch. If it is, I would be contacting skydio to inquire about it. Most of the buyers I know who ordered the first day already made payment and received tracking numbers. In one instance the buyer received his drone yesterday.

Good luck, I hope you get it straightened out and welcome to the forum.

I ordered on day 1 in the first couple of hours and mine is out for delivery today. Fingers crossed for UPS to come through! ?

Reactions: OldBlueHeron
I have also ordered on day 1 in the first couple of hours, but nothing, no Email :confused:

I have also ordered on day 1 in the first couple of hours, but nothing, no Email :confused:
Did you get a receipt for the hundred dollar pmt back on oct first?

Skydio has said all along that batch 1 orders will start
end of November and continue into December.
Here is hoping all batch 1 orders get completed within
the next two to three weeks.

Bottom line............as near as I can tell, nobody has received one yet. It's December 7th.

Unboxing video. The first person I found that has received one.

Well that's a start, one down and 10,000 to go! Hope that's not another teaser...

I ordered on day 1 in the first couple of hours and mine is out for delivery today. Fingers crossed for UPS to come through! ?

Looking forward to your unbiased review Kloo. I’m still waiting for my batch one email.

Reactions: KlooGee
My batteries and extra props were delivered early today, the other box with the drone is out for delivery. Unfortunately is supposed to rain here tomorrow. That's ok, I was out flying my other drone today following the motorcycles, it was a good day, no drone drama.

I did order on day 1 and I got confirmation. I guess I'll contact skydio.

I ordered on first day, Skydio Order #6174266x and received deposit confirmation email. Till today nothing... I'm not in the hurry, being in Toronto I don't think I will be flying my drones much in next 4 months :)

I ordered mine on day 1 and I'm not too concerned or in a hurry.

The S2 is a major launch for Skydio albeit a minor release for the big guy. I don't think they expected the demand to ramp up so quickly so they need to proceed with caution; you don't want to release an unfinished product. American based they don't have the means of production of a mature Chinese vertically integrated company. Looks like considerable hand assembly and time consuming calibrations.

I'm actually surprised at the price point of $999 even without a Beacon or controller. I think of the S2 more like a exotic car or high end hand fit gun; not the assembly line widget's cranked out by the Chinese drone machine. Skydio may have set that price point under the M2's to make a statement, but it is risky. DJI can crank out quality drones by the thousands and set the price to steer the market (profit vs competition). DJI can drop prices to drive competitors out of the market so Skydio has to perform, this is their big shot. American made, fewer security risks, holiday season are all on their side but they still have to perform.

I'd rather give them the time to best sort the firmware, app, hardware... This is a next generation drone with capabilities not seen before. Pressure from consumers to deliver quickly may cause some stumbles like the Solo launch.

Realize Skydio is launching something new, revolutionary not evolutionary. DJI launces are really the same old same old with a better camera, extra sensor, smaller..... so it's just a repacked format.

I'm really excited about getting mine but I chose to give Skydio some space and hope they perform. I don't think DJI considers Skydio a threat yet, just another upstart with dream's but little substance. So I don't mind waiting a little longer.

Last edited:
Reactions: DoomMeister
I ordered mine on day 1 and I'm too not concerned or in a hurry.

The S2 is a major launch for Skydio albeit a minor release for the big guy. I don't think they expected the demand to ramp up so quickly so they need to proceed with caution; you don't want to release an unfinished product. American based they don't have the means of production of a mature Chinese vertically integrated company. Looks like considerable hand assembly and time consuming calibrations.

I'm actually surprised at the price point of $999 even without a Beacon or controller. I think of the S2 more like a exotic car or high end hand fit gun; not the assembly line widget's cranked out by the Chinese drone machine. Skydio may have set that price point under the M2's to make a statement, but it is risky. DJI can crank out quality drones by the thousands and set the price to steer the market (profit vs competition). DJI can drop prices to drive competitors out of the market so Skydio has to perform, this is their big shot. American made, fewer security risks, holiday season are all on their side but they still have to perform.

I'd rather give them the time to best sort the firmware, app, hardware... This is a next generation drone with capabilities not seen before. Pressure from consumers to deliver quickly may cause some stumbles like the Solo launch.

Realize Skydio is launching something new, revolutionary not evolutionary. DJI launces are really the same old same old with a better camera, extra sensor, smaller..... so it's just a repacked format.

I'm really excited about getting mine but I chose to give Skydio some space and hope they perform. I don't think DJI considers Skydio a threat yet, just another upstart with dream's but little substance. So I don't mind waiting a little longer.
Agree with this synopsis pretty much. I would not be surprised if one of the big drone companies offer to buy the technology behind the Skydio. Owners walk away multi-millionaires and be done with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup