Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Over-Water Flying Shots

pbayani

Reaction score
I added the Kiteworld article as an app to my desktop so it is real easy to find it now. Amazon has a cell phone wrist holder too which I purchased. The beacon will still need to be put into a waterproof bag/pouch. I have one of the seal a meal products and will try it out with the beacon. I will post here how it work out.

paularity

Reaction score

sometimes braving the cold in winter 🥶and waking up early 🥱 is worth it for some lovely lumps 🦅

taking the robot over 1km out to sea with no return to home option as always delivers the goods 🤙

i love me a downwinder raw run! 🌬

🏄‍♂️
flite ultra 4'2"
flow 1100 wing + 245 stab

pbayani

Reaction score
Check out the blog post and Kiteworld article for some over-water tips. In your case it might make sense to try and attach the beacon (in a pouch) to where you hold the boom
I've got a few options now to carry the beacon and think for windsurfing, it may be best to just put it in the small cell phone waterproof pouch and wear it around my neck. Not sure if wearing it around my wrist really has any advantage, although I've figured out how to accomplish that too. I could also bring my iPhone along for the ride (wrist or armband) but I'd have too many gadgets to keep track of when my main enjoyment is actually windfoiling :)

Hilton_Launch.JPG

San Diego Mission Bay Resort (Hilton Launch).

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trobin007