Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Power wire avoidance.

It is amazing how many times it avoided tiny branches that any other drone would have hit.
I agree. It also appeared the Skydio was trying to find obstacles to avoid instead of flying behind the runner. :)

Running 7.0.27 on my Skydio 2 when I made an error near a power line. Drone came straight down and was about to collide, but then it saw and avoided the power lines.

Bit of a nail biter. Very impressed by the eyes on my drone.

Well said, Paladin45, thanks for that. I agree it is important to know that the S2 is not as good at avoiding stuff as WE would be, and there are limits to the ability of both. Being a techie-type myself I surmise that, because the S2 uses stereoscopic+ visual obstacle detection and power-lines are totally horizontal and super-straight (unlike tree branches of ANY girth) I think it unlikely that detection of power-lines will improve much. Again, as Paladin45 mentioned, it is difficult for human pilots as well so perhaps it would be unfair to put certain expectations on Skydio. All-in-all, the S2 is IMO unbelievably good at piloting itself in most situations. I don't think you'd go wrong owning one provided you take reasonable care on choice of area to fly in.

New guy,. I just placed a deposit for the Skydio 2,. Trying to gather as much info as possible before it ships. From watching various videos, it seems that overhead power wires are an Achilles heel for this Done. Anyone know if all these work from home engineers have improved the collision avoidance with power wires? I'm getting this mainly for the autonomous tacking, as I already own the DJI mavic 2 air,. Which I think is a fantastic drone for the $$. Also my first drone and I am hooked
also does avoidance of power wires and branches improve with lower travel speeds?
I've had mine from 1st batch. Disregard your impressions from the "flying in deep woods" Skydio Promo Video. Exercise extreme caution around branches, clothes lines and power lines.

Do "assume that S2 will avoid power lines, clothes lines and smaller branches.

I know from personal experience that they won't honor the "no crash" guarantee if you hit a small branch, clothes line and/or power line.

The OA is better than the DJI Versions (I have Mavic 2 pro, Mavic Air2 And Air 2S) but still, don't count on S2 avoiding the aforementioned obstacles.

I just learned that there is no coverage on the Skydio warranty if while landing and you hit the 10' mark when the lights blink yellow if the S2 adjusts itself, moves and ends up crashing. Due to the Obstacle Avvoidandce being turned off at this 10' mark the wreck is not covered, even knowing that you are not in control.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup