Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Pro pilot/ Skydio newb

LoxPilot2

Reaction score
Just got a used Skydio 2. Also have a few dji drones I use for insurance inspections. Hoping the OA is more sensitive than my air2 or p4p. Also the geolock with dji is a pain. Haven’t had a chance to fly it yet. I plan on using the controller with a Tripltek exclusively for my application. Any tips appreciated. In the Palm Beach area.

One tip I can throw out, don't expect it to fly like other 'controller' drones.
The Skydio2 strong point is it's ability to control itself.
I have a few DJI units myself.
DJI handle well, but their auto modes are ok.
Skydio controller handle ok, but auto mode is Phenomenal.
I only say this because I have read from other users who came from (DJI, Parrot, HS) controller based drone
that the Skydio2 is clunky or clumsy.

Finally got it out for a flight the other day. You are right, very different than dji. Not bad just different. I need to get up close to do inspections, doesn’t seem like the oa will be to intrusive. Controller is adequate but not great. One thing I noticed is it doesn’t hold position well compared to my p4p or air2. Should be fine for pics when I don’t want to screw around the geolock. I don’t plan on flying it the way most will recreationally. Haven’t tried it with my Tripltek yet, that’s next.

Thanks for the replies

Oh also, i tried to run it into stuff, very impressive. I have the beacon also, not sure if I’ll ever use it lol

This is going to sound corny but I treat manual control like the other control methods where I’m kind of having a “conversation” with it. If what I’m asking it to do doesn’t burst its 1 meter safety bubble feelings it will do it after it thinks about it for a few milliseconds. I’ve been having a blast with mine.

Actually just tried flying with just the Tripltek manually, think it actually works better- maybe less range though

Different than DJI, better at tracking, less close up precision.

Skydio uses a 360 OA bubble which is unmatched for tracking. DJI uses VPS(visual positioning system) which uses downward facing cameras to stabilize to the ground(environment) where Skydio prioritizes the subject.

For fixed subjects DJI may have an advantage; for tracking Skydio is best.

My main goal really is the lack of a geolock and the 360 oa in sketchy difficult inspections that I run across. In this regard it seems to function well. Appreciate all the comments and wisdom.

Just got a used Skydio 2. Also have a few dji drones I use for insurance inspections. Hoping the OA is more sensitive than my air2 or p4p. Also the geolock with dji is a pain. Haven’t had a chance to fly it yet. I plan on using the controller with a Tripltek exclusively for my application. Any tips appreciated. In the Palm Beach area.
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum!

Reactions: dirkclod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup