Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Request for part from broken Skydio 2 (3D scan for hook plate now available)

I'm sure this will fall on deaf ears, but outside of buying a broken drone for parts, has anyone been able to procure one of these hook plates. I also need a cover to one of the shark fin covers because one of mine popped off. Drone will works great, but it's missing it's protective shark fin cover in one place.

If anyone has a broken Skydio 2 that they have replaced I'm looking for the hook plate or prop plate off of one of the blue motors. It's the little plate held on with two torx screws.

My Skydio decided it wanted to fly into a tree while following my vehicle off-road which broke one of the nubs on the hook plate, the drone still flies fine but I'd like to replace the part so I know the propeller won't come off in flight.

I have tried reaching out to Skydio but they don't answer their phones and have so far not gotten back to me, the one person I have found that had this piece broke had to send the drone into Skydio as they would not sell the part separately.

If anyone would be willing to sell me the part so I can get the drone going again it would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE: I also had posted this on reddit and /U/thebirdsrchasingme came through:

"
Sorry for coming late to the party but I stumbled across this conversation after I crashed my S2 on my very first flight--got it 2 days ago and killed it yesterday. Like others, it snagged on a tree brach and exploded 2 props plus the RL hanger.

I initially uploaded the flight log and reached out to Skydio for help but got impatient and tried to look for replacement parts on the internet and found nothing. I've been flying DJI drones since the Phantom 3 and you can find just about any part for dirt cheap so I'm really not used to this.

So I decided if I can't buy it, I may as well make it myself. After spending a few hours while enjoying a couple of beers, I came up with the design below. Printed it in PETG and viola! I can now make as many of these as I want to. I'm making my design free for the community to download and use. So feel free to hop on over to thingiverse and grab the STL. If you don't already own a 3D Printer, you really should! :)

Skydio 2 Rear Left Prop Hanger/Hook Plate by kinryanchan

I have flight tested one battery so far at 14 degrees F. Everything seems good so far but please try this at your own risk. I would strongly recommend printing more than one part so you can stress test and see if it holds up to a reasonable amount of force. Also, as you may have noticed every prop hanger is different on this thing. If this is not the one you need, let me know and I will make them as needed.

As a side note, I completely agree with everyone here that Skydio shouldn't treat us like a bunch of 3 year olds. We're all adults that can take responsibility for our own (stupid) actions. :)

Happy flying everyone!"

All thanks go to him, if someone needs another of the hook plates besides this one, let me know and I'll reach out to him.
Thanks for this! This is exactly the same piece I need as well! How can we obtain/pay you for one? Do you have an email that u can send billing info?

If anyone has a broken Skydio 2 that they have replaced I'm looking for the hook plate or prop plate off of one of the blue motors. It's the little plate held on with two torx screws.

My Skydio decided it wanted to fly into a tree while following my vehicle off-road which broke one of the nubs on the hook plate, the drone still flies fine but I'd like to replace the part so I know the propeller won't come off in flight.

I have tried reaching out to Skydio but they don't answer their phones and have so far not gotten back to me, the one person I have found that had this piece broke had to send the drone into Skydio as they would not sell the part separately.

If anyone would be willing to sell me the part so I can get the drone going again it would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE: I also had posted this on reddit and /U/thebirdsrchasingme came through:

"
Sorry for coming late to the party but I stumbled across this conversation after I crashed my S2 on my very first flight--got it 2 days ago and killed it yesterday. Like others, it snagged on a tree brach and exploded 2 props plus the RL hanger.

I initially uploaded the flight log and reached out to Skydio for help but got impatient and tried to look for replacement parts on the internet and found nothing. I've been flying DJI drones since the Phantom 3 and you can find just about any part for dirt cheap so I'm really not used to this.

So I decided if I can't buy it, I may as well make it myself. After spending a few hours while enjoying a couple of beers, I came up with the design below. Printed it in PETG and viola! I can now make as many of these as I want to. I'm making my design free for the community to download and use. So feel free to hop on over to thingiverse and grab the STL. If you don't already own a 3D Printer, you really should! :)

Skydio 2 Rear Left Prop Hanger/Hook Plate by kinryanchan

I have flight tested one battery so far at 14 degrees F. Everything seems good so far but please try this at your own risk. I would strongly recommend printing more than one part so you can stress test and see if it holds up to a reasonable amount of force. Also, as you may have noticed every prop hanger is different on this thing. If this is not the one you need, let me know and I will make them as needed.

As a side note, I completely agree with everyone here that Skydio shouldn't treat us like a bunch of 3 year olds. We're all adults that can take responsibility for our own (stupid) actions. :)

Happy flying everyone!"

All thanks go to him, if someone needs another of the hook plates besides this one, let me know and I'll reach out to him.
Thanks for this! This is exactly the same piece I need as well! How can we obtain/pay you for one? Do you have an email that u can send billing info?

Does anybody know what happened to the link for this 3D print file, I'm getting a 404 msg. when I click on it.
I need to make a new prop hook plate.
Or, if anyone else has a print file that would be really great.

Interesting... I wonder if Thingaverse got a takedown request from Skydio.

Would you consider selling me a 3D printed one ?
I'm running out of ideas here.

Is anyone selling these 3D printed hook plates ?
How do I get my hands on some replacement hooks I need the front right one. thank you

Does anyone know if this is the grey or blue prop hook for the rear? I know it says "rear left", which is what I need but I'm just checking before I order PETG since all I have on hand is PLA which won't be strong enough.
Did you ever find a front right one? I'm in need for one now.

I have a 3d scan file to put in a 3d printer to make the hook plate. If you need one pm me.
Edit: I only have it in one orientation, if someone knows how to reverse it so it works on the opposite orientation, please let me know

Last edited:
Reactions: Iceback
I have a 3d scan file to put in a 3d printer to make the hook plate. If you need one pm me.
Edit: I only have it in one orientation, if someone knows how to reverse it so it works on the opposite orientation, please let me know
You can reverse it in the slicer pretty easy.

You are right, I now also get a blank page. I guess I should've saved it at that time. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup