Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

S2 deliveries ... Any impact due to the COVID-19 (Corona) virus?

skydioconvert

Reaction score
Any one been notified of slippage of promised deliveries of their S2 due to concerns about the Corona virus?

Just checked the Skydio website and saw "NO" mention of decreased production plans.

Yes, due to the C - Virus, the beacon is now being delayed (out of stock), due to part - supply chain delivery problems.
Skydio assembles their units and tests them prior to shipments to their customers. Although, they do have a few beacons in stock as of 3/13/2020, if you purchase their Skydio 2 Pro Kit upgrade. It's a bunch more money, but you won't have to wait until their normal stock is back on line.

Yes, due to the C - Virus, the beacon is now being delayed (out of stock), due to part - supply chain delivery problems.
Skydio assembles their units and tests them prior to shipments to their customers. Although, they do have a few beacons in stock as of 3/13/2020, if you purchase their Skydio 2 Pro Kit upgrade. It's a bunch more money, but you won't have to wait until their normal stock is back on line.
How did you find out about the beacon delivery delay?? .... notification when you tried to order?

How did you find out about the beacon delivery delay?? .... notification when you tried to order?

Yes, that is correct....when I tried to order. So, I asked about the Skydio 2 Upgrade Kit and asked if the beacons in the kit were still avaliable and they said YES....but, I must purchase the entire kit....so, that's what I did. My delivery is scheduled to reach my location here, this coming Thursday, 3/19/2020.....shipped via UPS ground.

I ordered the kit and the Skydio 2 drone. I was in batch 2 and I presented Skydio with my $100 pre-order, back on 10/4/2019. I recieved my drone purchase notice via e-mail from Skydio on Monday, 3/09/2020.

Reactions: Jim
Thanks for the additional information....

Looks like I'm just going to have to be patient. <GRIN>

Mine was shipped in batch 2, no real delay delivered in 3 days once I sent payment.. Bummed I couldn't get beacon, its vital to the action sports filming I'm looking to do, especially now since backcountry snowboard season is winding down.

Last edited:
Didn't Skydio recently announce they were no longer in production due to Covid19 and supplies.
Within that announcement it was stated several components were made in China and "assembled in USA"... I assume that would be electronics and motors, possibly batteries. The injection molded hull and various components I would assume USA. Not sure on the Camera.

Does indicate the "assembled or made in USA" tag still includes associations to China.
The overall impact of the majority of products, even the higher percentage "USA made" has heavy dependencies with China with either components or materials for components. Clearly shows the foot hold gained by China over the last 20 yrs... disappointing.

Didn't Skydio recently announce they were no longer in production due to Covid19 and supplies.
Within that announcement it was stated several components were made in China and "assembled in USA"... I assume that would be electronics and motors, possibly batteries. The injection molded hull and various components I would assume USA. Not sure on the Camera.

Does indicate the "assembled or made in USA" tag still includes associations to China.
The overall impact of the majority of products, even the higher percentage "USA made" has heavy dependencies with China with either components or materials for components. Clearly shows the foot hold gained by China over the last 20 yrs... disappointing.
Yes, they are not deemed "essential" and had to close shop until further notice. They are available for support, that's the last I heard.

As of today the attached comment appears on Skydio's website if you click on the Shop icon.

Attachments

• 2020-04-20 19_50_53-All – Skydio, Inc..png
    2020-04-20 19_50_53-All – Skydio, Inc..png
    116.5 KB · Views: 9
Support is alive and kicking. I've filled two reports in past couple days and they've been very responsive.

Production issues I'd lean towards various components not local to USA. I doubt any where close to 100% of the components are manufactured in USA... it's USA assembled, no doubt, and nicely designed & assembled too!
Chinese parts availability effects pretty much every one in electronics.

Production issues I'd lean towards various components not local to USA. I doubt any where close to 100% of the components are manufactured in USA... it's USA assembled, no doubt, and nicely designed & assembled too!
Chinese parts availability effects pretty much every one in electronics.
That's what they said, shortage of parts from china was the reason for the bacon being OOS

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup