Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Shipments update from Skydio - Delays

Lifeisfun

Reaction score
I wanted to let you know that we are facing some renewed challenges with COVID-19 which are unfortunately impacting our manufacturing production ramp. We’ve been working to stand up a larger manufacturing facility but that has been delayed due to travel and logistical impact of COVID, and our existing manufacturing line is running at lower capacity because of safety measures we’re taking for our team. As a result, we are expecting longer wait times than previously forecasted. We are working as hard as we can to boost our production capacity.
Please see below for updated shipping estimates.
  • Batch 3 (reservation orders beginning with 8): Completing orders now through October 2020.
  • Batch 4 (reservation orders beginning with 9): Completing orders beginning November 2020.
  • Batch 5 (reservation orders beginning with 1235): Completing orders beginning December 2020.

Words can't express our appreciation for every single customer who's chosen to take this journey with us, we guarantee it is worth the wait. Please reference our FAQ’s for additional questions and be sure to follow us on social for future product updates and community highlights.

Sincerely,
Adam Bry
Skydio Co-founder and CEO

Last edited:

skydioconvert

Reaction score
Not good news especially since it comes directly from the Skydio CEO. :-(

A little more worried now about accessories also.

OldBlueHeron

Reaction score
The wait sucks, but honestly I adore my Skydio 2 and I buy EVERY drone. It’s just a unique piece of equipment and it offers shots that I wouldn’t be comfortable using other drones with.

Last edited:
Reactions: VEGASROBBI

skydioconvert

Reaction score
Guess I should look at it more positively.... getting frank updates sure beats being left in the dark like I remember running into with other companies.

deedeebulldog

Reaction score
Disappointed, but not overly surprised. Maybe now mine will come with a Thanks for waiting complementary dual charger or ND filters.

Reactions: drrags

skydioconvert

Reaction score
Hearing these favorable reviews does make waiting much easier...thank you guys.

loyukfai

Reaction score
At this rate I wonder if it's a better idea to wait for Skydio 3...?

Cheers.

skydioconvert

Reaction score
Guess it depends on "if" there will be an S3 and when California comes out of the pandemic.

I'm still in and don't need the range (only current shortcoming) for what my plans include.

skydioconvert

Reaction score
You must be a happy camper.... glad to hear about your good news.

Do you recall the date you made your $100 deposit?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skydio_koto