Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Shipments update from Skydio - Delays

Well, I went ahead and bit the bullet and ordered the Cinema Upgrade kit while paying off the balance for the drone on 10-05-2020. I wasn't getting anywhere with my complaint about buying more than 1 spare battery piecemeal. At least this way I will get 2 spare batteries in that kit. But with some additional baggage that I may or may not find useful.

Got the email confirmation right away, then...... well..... nothing. WTH? I mean, WTH?? I sure do hope I don't have to wait another 11 months to actually receive it.

Far from impressed so far.

Well, I went ahead and bit the bullet and ordered the Cinema Upgrade kit while paying off the balance for the drone on 10-05-2020. I wasn't getting anywhere with my complaint about buying more than 1 spare battery piecemeal. At least this way I will get 2 spare batteries in that kit. But with some additional baggage that I may or may not find useful.

Got the email confirmation right away, then...... well..... nothing. WTH? I mean, WTH?? I sure do hope I don't have to wait another 11 months to actually receive it.

Far from impressed so far.
From what I gather, it will take 1-2 weeks for your drone to be shipped, sometimes accessories will be delivered later separately if they're not readily available.

Skydio has a long way to go to sort out their delivery issue, and that's before COVID-19 and the raging fire in California...

Cheers.

From what I gather, it will take 1-2 weeks for your drone to be shipped, sometimes accessories will be delivered later separately if they're not readily available.

Skydio has a long way to go to sort out their delivery issue, and that's before COVID-19 and the raging fire in California...

Cheers.
In all honesty that's a completely different impression than what I've received after watching almost daily posts in this forum for quite a long time.

Can anyone actually having received a recent order, comment on how quickly they received their order and whether it was complete or not?

I do not have my drone, but when I ordered in June I went ahead and ordered a controller and battery in July (I had some gift cards). I got those in about a week.

In all honesty that's a completely different impression than what I've received after watching almost daily posts in this forum for quite a long time.

Can anyone actually having received a recent order, comment on how quickly they received their order and whether it was complete or not?
I completed my order Sept 25 and received it on Oct 7. It was complete.

My drone and beacon came 20 days after completing my order. I recently ordered the controller, battery and dual charger on the 8th. Delivery is still TBD.

I got the email today claiming my Skydio 2 and the Cinema Upgrade was being shipped. But I still don't see any UPS Ground tracking number anywhere. That was 9 calendar days from order being placed to receiving this notification. Nothing was indicated as being backordered that I could tell.

But until I receive a tracking number, it is not real to me.

Well, ask and you shall receive. I got the tracking number not long after I posted the above. And guess what? It was shipped on Tuesday via UPS Second Day Air service, and supposed to show up TOMORROW! Yikes!! Guess I put off reading whatever online manual they have just a tad too long. Got a bunch of stuff going on the next couple of days, so I guess now I have to squeeze this in too. Arrgh, I just remembered that I have a few things that mean being away from the house, and they sent this SIGNATURE REQUIRED. Well, we will see, I guess. Wish I had gotten that tracking number earlier....

Good to know that Skydio is NOT shipping with the US mail and that it's not using the ground delivery option.

Instead of more bad news, some good news is finally begin to happen.

Showed up on Thursday like it was supposed to. So far just been reading over online manual stuff, charging up the devices, loading the app on my cell phone, and basically just seeing how everything is working. Still haven't found a lot of options to play with on the controller, and quite likely that will be the main way I fly this thing. I really don't do anything exciting enough for the selfie thing, but I bought the beacon in case I want to have the Skydio follow me around in one of more of the vehicles. I live three quarters of a mile from the Apalachicola National Forest, so might be fun to take one of the Jeeps out there and have the Skydio follow it around. Still, the video would likely be deadly boring to most anyone else viewing it.

Anyway, no surprises yet. Everything was included. Well, except perhaps the mini-manuals for the accessories. Unless they are tucked away somewhere in the carrying case they came in.

I'm thinking that maybe I should have got an extra battery along with that Cinema upgrade I bought. Oh well. Maybe later, if I find myself flying this thing often.

Received drone early july. added a 3rd battery a month ago and spare props 3 weeks ago. both came within a week of ordering. it is a good idea to figure out what you need ahead of time and order all at once. Love the Panhandle, PCB and Destin areas alot. Love the Emerald green water over the white sands of Destin. Absolutely Stunning ! Looking forward to seeing your videos.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FRANCISCO MENDES MORAES