Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Skydio 2 antenna mod

Very informative

If you read the comments, I posted links to get this stuff from Amazon. Two days with Prime.

Looking forward to see testing with this set up :)
Thanks!

If you read the comments, I posted links to get this stuff from Amazon. Two days with Prime.
What is the difference between the boxed antenna and 2 antennas Mike is using?
Thanks

Mike,

Thanks for video on how to make this mod.

I'm looking forward to your test flights and how the mod improves reception,

P.S. I'm not sure it was me not paying enough attention but I didn't see the part in the video where you attached the "new" antenna leads. ;)

Mike,

Thanks for video on how to make this mod.

I'm looking forward to your test flights and how the mod improves reception,

P.S. I'm not sure it was me not paying enough attention but I didn't see the part in the video where you attached the "new" antenna leads. ;)
It is discussed in comments below the video.

What is the difference between the boxed antenna and 2 antennas Mike is using?
Thanks

The box is directional with 15dBi and the separate ants are Omni directional with 3dBi. The powered version has 36dBi of boost but would again be directional.

Screenshot_20200105-181139_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Lifeisfun
Im not a big fan of the expensive amplified antennas, Too much setup etc. I do ok with just a regular panel. Im not sure how these antennas will work but will try as soon as skydio figures out what they are doing with my drone since it crashed on RTH...Not related to the mod...separate issue.

Reactions: parkgt
Just a follow up video from Mike regarding this Mod.
I think Skydio realizes that its an S2 antenna problem and not a controller antenna problem.

Could be why they were recently reported to be looking for an antenna design engineer.

What a bummer with this aircraft. I fly for work, and we bought a Skydio 2 last year in an attempt to move away from DJI products (a number of our security-conscious clients banned the use of Chinese UAS). I can't fly this aircraft more than about 1,100 feet away before the signal drops out entirely...even in rural areas with minimal interference. It gets far worse in the suburbs where I get serious signal dropout starting around 350 feet. That's pretty disappointing, to say the least. A coworker purchased the 2+ recently, and we hope for better performance from it. That being said, are any of you aware of anyone who has modified the antennas on the S2 itself? Controller antenna mods look like they might help, but if the real problem is in the aircraft, that would seem like the place to start. Thanks for any feedback you may have!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup