Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

SKYDIO 2 BEACON BIKE MOUNT

I'm looking for a Beacon mount, that ships to Belgium for a reasenable pirce. Can anyone help me? give me some tips? thx

Why not three D print your own. There are plenty of printable beacon holders that work just fine or try your hand at designing the best fit for your needs. Thats the cheapest easiest option. I used a printed model till I found a holder CNC machined from billet aluminum it was not cheep but it serves dual duty for my adventure riding life style. the big squeeze

I'm looking for a Beacon mount, that ships to Belgium for a reasenable pirce. Can anyone help me? give me some tips? thx
Hi Andy

i have shipped Beacon to Germany, the total charge i see from Ebay on my end as a seller is $30., not sure how much more you have to pay additional to ebay for the international charges, but you should be able to check it out on your end when you checked it out, if it is too much you can cancel it , thats the only way i know of on how to check the total price.

Reactions: frankbonatelli
Sorry if this has already been posed but I have used Dirty J products with excellent results:
Handlebar mount for Skydio 2 Beacon

HANDLEBAR MOUNT FOR SKYDIO 2 BEACON​

• Regular price

BAR SIZESelect Bar Size Beacon mount/ Standard handlebars ( 20-24mm) Beacon mount/ Oversized handlebars (30-34mm)
Beacon mount/ Standard handlebars ( 20-24mm) - $24.99 USD Beacon mount/ Oversized handlebars (30-34mm) - $24.99 USD
QUANTITY
−+
MAKE A SELECTION

Frequently bought together​

Total Price: $55.97ADD SELECTED TO CART

• Securely hold your beacon with easy access to all controls
  • Standard and oversized handlebar mounts available
  • 3d Printed from nearly indestructible rubberlike TPU
The Dirty J Designs handlebar mount for the Skydio 2 beacon is here! Essential for using the beacon with bicycles and motorcycles, our beacon mount is made from rugged nearly indestructible 3d printed rubber like TPU. Our mount securely holds the beacon to your handlebars while giving you an easy view of the screen and led's. The mount design will not interfere with GPS reception and in fact and gets better reception than putting the beacon in your pocket or backpack. The design also makes the beacon easily removable to adjust the Skydio 2 position with the wand mode. We offer two versions, one for standard handlebar sizes (20-24mm), and another for oversized handlebars (30-34mm). All hardware is included with the kit, Skydio 2, beacon, and gopro adapter sold separately.

Reactions: farmer brown
That's the same one I'm using.

Sorry if this has already been posed but I have used Dirty J products with excellent results:

HANDLEBAR MOUNT FOR SKYDIO 2 BEACON​

• Regular price

BAR SIZESelect Bar Size Beacon mount/ Standard handlebars ( 20-24mm) Beacon mount/ Oversized handlebars (30-34mm)
Beacon mount/ Standard handlebars ( 20-24mm) - $24.99 USD Beacon mount/ Oversized handlebars (30-34mm) - $24.99 USD
QUANTITY
−+
MAKE A SELECTION

Frequently bought together​

Total Price: $55.97ADD SELECTED TO CART

• Securely hold your beacon with easy access to all controls
  • Standard and oversized handlebar mounts available
  • 3d Printed from nearly indestructible rubberlike TPU
The Dirty J Designs handlebar mount for the Skydio 2 beacon is here! Essential for using the beacon with bicycles and motorcycles, our beacon mount is made from rugged nearly indestructible 3d printed rubber like TPU. Our mount securely holds the beacon to your handlebars while giving you an easy view of the screen and led's. The mount design will not interfere with GPS reception and in fact and gets better reception than putting the beacon in your pocket or backpack. The design also makes the beacon easily removable to adjust the Skydio 2 position with the wand mode. We offer two versions, one for standard handlebar sizes (20-24mm), and another for oversized handlebars (30-34mm). All hardware is included with the kit, Skydio 2, beacon, and gopro adapter sold separately.
One thing I did to that same handlebar mount was cut a vertical line from the hole for the tether strap straight upwards. More than once I've needed to wand the SD2 when using it. I use a heavy duty strap that's fed through that hole and clipped to something nearby with a carabiner. That made it impossible to remove the beacon quickly and impossible to wand. The slit takes care of that, pops out quickly one handed and the beacon is still held in well enough considering that it's tethered to the bars.

A couple years ago I bought the Dirty J tablet holder for my Anafi controller. While it worked, when I was using a heavy tablet it tended to flop closed. I wrote Dirty J about this and they printed me a new holder with a little kickstand that pushed against the face of the controller that solved the issue. They sent it to me at no charge and said if we ever have recommendations for improvements to shoot them an email.

Reactions: Andyv and Ridefreak
I created a mount that cost about $40.00
I used:
Flat mount 1" ball
Bar mount 1" ball
2 " Short double socket arm
3M DUAL LOCK tape (This is the KEY to the mount. SUPER Strong Velcro that you "snap" beacon into )
Optional but I don't do it. Add rubber "O" rings to hold Beacon to plate but I don't feel it's needed. I bought some but the Velcro is AMAZING. It would take a huge crash for you to have it unsnap from mount. It LOCKS the beacon on really well.
I can send a video to show how strong the hold is if you want to see.
I also can trim the flat bar a bit but I kept it long just incase I find a need for the extra 2 inches.

I like this mount because it is super easy to grab the Beacon and put it back. You don't need to unscrew the ram mount whenever you want to remove the beacon.
Its nice to unsnap the beacon and put it in your pocket or grab it real quick and drag the drone to a preferred location. Using the hold blue button down and move drone function. When done just snap it back and continue on. I rarely do this because the arrows are accessible.

Attachments

• mount 3.jpg
    mount 3.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 5
  • mount 2.jpg
    mount 2.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 6
  • mount.jpg
    mount.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 6
  • image 5.jpg
    image 5.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 9
  • image 4.jpg
    image 4.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 8
  • image 3.jpg
    image 3.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 9
  • image 2.jpg
    image 2.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 7
  • image 1.jpg
    image 1.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Reactions: Ridefreak
I would need more space on my handle bars! how much crap can one carry!??! although, a beacon mount could be a top priority!
Well... You can use one of the mirror ram mounts instead of installing another ball. If you have one. But I went to Moab. Fell (ha ha) never fell off. It was great to be able to grab it and manually control the drone in a matter of seconds. It's a GREAT option. Nothing against the guy with 3d printer but this option for me is the best option.

I created a mount that cost about $40.00
I used:
Flat mount 1" ball
Bar mount 1" ball
2 " Short double socket arm
3M DUAL LOCK tape (This is the KEY to the mount. SUPER Strong Velcro that you "snap" beacon into )
Optional but I don't do it. Add rubber "O" rings to hold Beacon to plate but I don't feel it's needed. I bought some but the Velcro is AMAZING. It would take a huge crash for you to have it unsnap from mount. It LOCKS the beacon on really well.
I can send a video to show how strong the hold is if you want to see.
I also can trim the flat bar a bit but I kept it long just incase I find a need for the extra 2 inches.

I like this mount because it is super easy to grab the Beacon and put it back. You don't need to unscrew the ram mount whenever you want to remove the beacon.
Its nice to unsnap the beacon and put it in your pocket or grab it real quick and drag the drone to a preferred location. Using the hold blue button down and move drone function. When done just snap it back and continue on. I rarely do this because the arrows are accessible.
You incorporated an important feature in your mount; being able to quickly remove the beacon from it's mount if needed, IMO it's a requirement for any hard mounting of the beacon. Fly long enough from a motorcycle and you'll run up against a situation where you need to wand the drone which is pretty much impossible w/o being able to remove the beacon from its mount.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup