Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Skydio 2 Broken Gimbal.

SkyDeezNuts

Reaction score
My New Skydio 2 clipped a thin branch and crashed. It broke off one of the propeller hook plates but everything else looked perfect. It only fell about 10 feet and landed on soft ground with piled leaves. I understand the crash was my fault because I had it flying where it shouldn’t have been. It is in for repairs now and they are saying the gimbal needs to be replaced. It seemed to still function fine and didn’t have a mark on it. Is there a way to tell if the gimbal is broken without taking the drone apart?

I had a similar crash from about 6 ft to leaves but it landed on the camera and the gimbal broke completely free. Its a small piece of plastic and probably has a crack in it. I assume in 20 days you probably have it back already. If so what did they charge you to replace it and the hook plate.

I had a similar crash from about 6 ft to leaves but it landed on the camera and the gimbal broke completely free. Its a small piece of plastic and probably has a crack in it. I assume in 20 days you probably have it back already. If so what did they charge you to replace it and the hook plate.
Hi thanks for the reply. I paid the 150+tax to ship it and have it evaluated. Then right around another 150 for the “repairs” so a little over 300 total. The thing is they do not actually repair your drone. You are sent a refurbished drone instead.

Hi thanks for the reply. I paid the 150+tax to ship it and have it evaluated. Then right around another 150 for the “repairs” so a little over 300 total. The thing is they do not actually repair your drone. You are sent a refurbished drone instead.
I had a previous crash and they definitely repaired my gimble by plastic welding it and sent it back.

did you ask if they could send you a refurb skydio 2+ beacon which is a better beacon?

did you ask if they could send you a refurb skydio 2+ beacon which is a better beacon?
No I didn’t. Will the 2+ beacon work with Skydio 2? If so does it offer any real advantage over the original beacon? I thought the main advantage was the new hardware built into the S2+ Drone

I updated my skydio 2 a few days ago to the version that has the kayframe, now it keeps wanting to land in an emergency saying that it is a gimbal error, saying that the gimbal is obstructed, and these emergency landings are asking why they land anywhere place and may have an accident

I updated my skydio 2 a few days ago to the version that has the kayframe, now it keeps wanting to land in an emergency saying that it is a gimbal error, saying that the gimbal is obstructed, and these emergency landings are asking why they land anywhere place and may have an accident
If I were you I would contact Skydio support and don’t try to fly again until you talk to them.

Atualizei meu skydio 2 alguns dias atrás para a versão que tem o kayframe, agora fica querendo pousar em emergência dizendo que é um erro de gimbal, dizendo que o gimbal está obstruído, e esses pousos de emergência estão perguntando por que pousam em qualquer lugar e pode ter um acidente
If I were you I would contact Skydio support and don’t try to fly again until you talk to them.
I already did that, they asked me to send the flight logs for them to evaluate, they asked me for 2 working days to give me an answer

I already did that, they asked me to send the flight logs for them to evaluate, they asked me for 2 working days to give me an answer

Okay good deal . I hope they get your problem fixed soon. I am interested to hear what happened. Please post the outcome here. Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup