Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Skydio 2 Dual Charger - US$129 ??? (update: US$149 now...)

Yeah, I'm gonna send mine back. Just not worth it. I haven't even used it since I've had it. Plus, the more they get returned, the more likely they are to lower the price.

Yeah, I'm gonna send mine back. Just not worth it. I haven't even used it since I've had it. Plus, the more they get returned, the more likely they are to lower the price.
It still seems worth it to be able to charge off drone. I'm still waiting on mine, got all the other accessories but that. I will probably get your return. :D:D

Dual charger is backorderd for 4 weeks.

I rather have quality components that knowingly wouldn't burn the house down. I got scared ordering DJI chargers not from DJI. If you get a knock-off that fails, the house burns down, insurance doesn't cover or you and people are inside, you are f*.

The Navy Seal radios were knock-offs. Navy Seals!!

Reactions: loyukfai
Dual charger is backorderd for 4 weeks.

I rather have quality components that knowingly wouldn't burn the house down. I got scared ordering DJI chargers not from DJI. If you get a knock-off that fails, the house burns down, insurance doesn't cover or you and people are inside, you are f*.
Not true regarding insurance covering a fire caused by a defective product but I agree with getting OE quality vs. a knockoff.

Not true regarding insurance covering a fire caused by a defective product but I agree with getting OE quality vs. a knockoff.

Unless you pack all your batteries inside some super airtight Class-D automatic fire suppression hanger room inside a house, the danger will always be present. When backpacking and storing in a vehicle, the issues should still remain. Rather than lose our mind over trying to protect and safeguard everything, I just leave them in a way exposed w/ the risk of the house burning down if any of the batteries malfunctioned. Investing in known names that don't spontaneously catch fire is what to do. We can only assume those that have lost their homes and vehicles were from batteries that weren't OEM and/or used on chargers that weren't OEM or built from a high-quality manufacturer like Turnigy.

I purchased one today; I don't like charging through the drone it gets hot and I find that unnecessary wear and tear on the drone electronics. It is costly(maybe overpriced) but my SD2 came with a HD USB C cable that I will use. Guess it's the price you pay for the convenience of off board charging. Again I point to Anafi having the USB C port in the battery rather than the drone body.

I purchased one today; I don't like charging through the drone it gets hot and I find that unnecessary wear and tear on the drone electronics. It is costly(maybe overpriced) but my SD2 came with a HD USB C cable that I will use. Guess it's the price you pay for the convenience of off board charging. Again I point to Anafi having the USB C port in the battery rather than the drone body.
Anafi is a really underrated quad.

So now the price is almost $160 to charge two batteries concurrently. I'll pass even more now. I looked to see what DJI charges for the their battery hub and it's only $89. That gives 4 and not 2 battery slots, but it is only a sequential charger and not concurrent.
Does Skydio keep changing the price? I see US$149 right now.

Cheers.

I am confused now guys.
Is the wall charger, which comes with the normal and sports package, not able to charge 2 batteries though the dual charger?

Now I am confused,
Is the charger what comes with the normal and sports package not capable to charge 2 batteries via the dual charger?

Now I am confused,
Is the charger what comes with the normal and sports package not capable to charge 2 batteries via the dual charger?
The provided charger is capable of charging 2 batteries when used with the dual charger which in reality is just a hub.

Look at the attached video that more fully explains how the dual charger works and some pro's and con's about the hub itself.

Now I am confused,
It does, but only One st a time. You need <90w to charge both batteries at the same time.

I might be wrong but I don't think it charges both at the same time from what I can see but the 90W power brick speeds up the charging a good bit.

I might be wrong but I don't think it charges both at the same time from what I can see but the 90W power brick speeds up the charging a good bit.
No, it definitely does. I’ve tested it on the S2 I had from batch 1. I recently bought another skydio after having sold it, have you charged the battery in-drone with a 90w charger?

I plugged it into the drone and let it start charging to make sure it would then disconnected it. I don't think it matters since the device load determines the current draw. I rarely use the port on the SD2.

I plugged it into the drone and let it start charging to make sure it would then disconnected it. I don't think it matters since the device load determines the current draw. I rarely use the port on the SD2.
Btw, when it comes to usb-c with PD, higher wattage will charge more rapidly, so it’s not completely accurate that device load determines current draw. I’m oversimplifying, but you get my point. Thanks again for testing.

Btw, when it comes to usb-c with PD, higher wattage will charge more rapidly, so it’s not completely accurate that device load determines current draw. I’m oversimplifying, but you get my point. Thanks again for testing.
Thanks for clarifying that, you're right, PD does make it a smart charger. Since SD says it's ok to use a 100W charger and the SD 65W charger takes longer then the 90W one that tells me their charger isn't capable of supplying the full rate allowed by the PD scheme.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rayrrr