Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Skydio 2 not appearing as Windows 10 device

jonbondy

Reaction score
When I plug my Skydio 2 into my Windows 10 desktop, it does not appear as a mass storage device.

Hmm never thought of doing that so I tried it out. Works fine for me using Skydios supplied USB-C cable to USB-C port on Surface Pro X and I tried a GoPro USB-C Cable to standard USB on my Desktop and it worked fine. Honestly I just use a card reader. I'm always cautious about plugging a drone into my computer directly, hate for me to bump it, catch cable or something and it hit the floor. Plus seems quicker copying by SD card reader.

1611264946766.png

Good to know. Skydio did not supply a "regular" USB cable (one that would fit into a desktop computer) so I was forced to use another USB-C cable that I have. Perhaps that cable is faulty. I tried another. Nope. Nothing.

Skydio responded to my support request by copying and pasting the original instructions, as if that would help.

I need someone to actually diagnose and fix the problem.

Reactions: Ray Mara
Is the USB port on your PC a USB 2.0 or 3.0 port (3.0 ports usually have a blue plastic tab)? It might make a difference, I only plugged mine into USB 3.0 ports.

Good thought. I tried a known good USB cable plugged directly into a USB 3.0 port. It still does not work

When I plug my Skydio 2 into my Windows 10 desktop, it does not appear as a mass storage device.
did you ever get it sorted? mine worked once. now when i plug the skydio2 into the same pc and the same port, regardless of the cable, the skydi2 crash loops.... sometimes i can get into the folder on the device and sometimes i cannot, definately weird.

Company Laptop with USB blocked ?
nah, personal laptop, asus rog zephrus, with the latest asus and usb drivers and windows updates. card reader works fine. just wild. when you plug in the skydio2 windows detects it, but then the lights flash on the skydio and the connection is lost. then this process just repeats over and over forever. kind of a pain to have to pull out sd card on a brand new drone.

nah, personal laptop, asus rog zephrus, with the latest asus and usb drivers and windows updates. card reader works fine. just wild. when you plug in the skydio2 windows detects it, but then the lights flash on the skydio and the connection is lost. then this process just repeats over and over forever. kind of a pain to have to pull out sd card on a brand new drone.
HUH?!
Much easier in my opinion

Reactions: Ridefreak
I much prefer pulling the card, it doesn't require that I get the drone out and power it up plus the 3.0 card reader is noticeably faster then transferring files directly from the drone. I stopped using the recording device to transfer files from SD cards years ago, they are rarely as fast as a dedicated reader and USB conflicts due to cables and/or software versions is nothing new nor has it been solved 100% as the OP discovered. The SD issue is just as likely to be the cable or computer as it is the drone. The card reader is consistent and fast.

I guess it's all in what your used to.

Hello new to Skydio 2 (been flying DJI, Yuneec and Parrot for 7 years).
I use Airdata to store all my flight data how can you extract the flight logs? I see a option to upload
to Skydio support.

Thanks
Fisrst impression very easy to setup and fly .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup