Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Skydio 2 Test #3

CrashMan

Reaction score
So for this test I mounted the beacon on the roof and made my phone much easier to access.. Again there were issues. The one thing I did find having the beacon not easily accessible was the beacon seems to manage the done much easier with the wand setup...
In any case here is the video.

Reactions: ETdronehome
So for this test I mounted the beacon on the roof and made my phone much easier to access.. Again there were issues. The one thing I did find having the beacon not easily accessible was the beacon seems to manage the done much easier with the wand setup...
In any case here is the video.
I know you are making a point about the tracking ability or lack thereof but I found myself paying more attention to the vehicle climbing over the various obstacles 😀 You might be getting useable footage even if the Skydio isn’t working the way you want it to.

It did seem to track you well when the area was more open (fewer trees) which you noted. It seemed to lose you when you were either stopped or moving slowly. In my experience it isn’t happy when is in tracking mode and nothing is moving. It would often start moving around for no apparent reason. It didn’t lose connection on me during those moments however.

So more testing today with just the beacon and got more video--just gotta work on it. But I won't lie i feel kinda lied to in regards to the beacon/drone. They made it sound like the drone will go off the beacon and thats simply not true from all my tests. I did have some "decent" luck today just using the beacon but that seemed to fall short after a bit but I also could not get the beacon to work with the drone until I threw the phone in the mix then detached the phone....

You might want to start a ticket with skydio about this. They didn't lie to you, it's capable of following the beacon for miles with or without the phone. At the very least they can review the logs and tell you what happening.

I am seeing similar behavior. I fly beacon only, but not by choice. Sometimes I have to connect the phone to acquire GPS then turn it off.

It didn’t use to be like this until a previous software update. I haven’t tried the new update yet but I’m hoping it’s better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup