Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

SKYDIO 2 WON'T CONNECT TO PHONE, BEACON, OR CONTROLLER

abworld

Reaction score
my beacon, controller, and phone app are not connecting to the drone. In the beacon, it keeps saying "looking for ..." and on the phone it says "Datalink Timed Out. I have an apple iPhone 12 pro max to the latest ios and latest Skydio 2 app. I tried everything to connect to it. The funny thing is it's brand new our the box and it only worked once and I never crashed it and when I tried using the drone the second time, it keeps giving me those errors and idk what to do and skydio email isn't replying to me. Can some of you guys help me out here?

singular.droid

Reaction score
super-strange. you'd probably need to record video of all steps you do in POV mode from mobile phone/gopro starting from turning on the drone and provide it to support. I mean that's too bad, but nothing close to what I can imagine

LordAshley

Reaction score
my beacon, controller, and phone app are not connecting to the drone. In the beacon, it keeps saying "looking for ..." and on the phone it says "Datalink Timed Out. I have an apple iPhone 12 pro max to the latest ios and latest Skydio 2 app. I tried everything to connect to it. The funny thing is it's brand new our the box and it only worked once and I never crashed it and when I tried using the drone the second time, it keeps giving me those errors and idk what to do and skydio email isn't replying to me. Can some of you guys help me out here?
Hi, I am having this same issue ... any update on how you fixed it?

Reactions: sharkytowers

DeanSmith

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. Did you ever figure out what was going on? In my case the blue lights never become solid. They just keep blinking. I reset the controller and the beacon. The beacon asked me to connect to the Skydio 2 but it never recognizes the Skydio 2. Any thoughts?

Reactions: sharkytowers

frankbonatelli

Reaction score
Ah connection issues! I think this is their heal.
The device is a steep learning curve even if pilots are seasoned drone users. Following the Skydio way of things with the video training sessions always leaves me with more questions then answers. Best to call Skydio help desk and get them directly involved. Email is super slow with what feels like a two week response time. If you tie it in with a phone call you could be put at the front of the line a lot sooner. Not much help I know but it sounds like a bigger issue than any forum chats can solve.

Mine was a struggle and still is. Ever flight has had connection drama and frustrations (I feel like it is a human / machine interface issue for me, i just don't get it like i do for the DJI Mavic)

DeanSmith

Reaction score
Skydio contacted me and it was an easy fix. See the attacked file to see their email. Just reset the drone and it worked perfectly.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 8.05.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 8.05.11 PM.png
    224.5 KB · Views: 21

richinAZ

Reaction score
so, the 7th time is the charm. that's what i keep telling my GF.....Drum rift....
ill be here all week....
Thanks for the info Dean Smith !

ewarinho

Reaction score
Skydio contacted me and it was an easy fix. See the attacked file to see their email. Just reset the drone and it worked perfectly.
Hi,

i tried this and didn’t factory reset mine. Still with the issue. Is there something I am missing?

thanks!

sharkytowers

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue... at least I found this thread so I can try this drone reset... maybe this last update borked things for a lot of people? I flew once post-update... since then I can't connect with anything (beacon, app, controller).

EDIT: The reset procedure doesn't seem to be working for me either. Is there some indication of the lighting pattern that it is indeed resetting? The app connects via wifi to the drone, but it just sits there at "Connecting" or "Syncing" forever (depending on if I am at the "Fly" or "Media" screen on the app. After that until the drone powers off on its own.

I have deleted/reinstalled the app. Still no love. This thing is ground bound.

2nd EDIT: SUCCESS! I switched to my iPad for the app and did the reset sequence with no battery (plugged into the wall) and reset earlier in the boot up sequence (when the FIRST LEDs flash rapidly - reset it 6 times and on the 7th it should reset?) and it is now working. I don't know if it was the switch to the iPad or that I correctly did the drone reset. The app (on the iPad) told me there was an update available for the drone. It would connect, then say "2 of 5" connect your iPad. It was in that loop for a while, but after trying a few times it looks like the update finally "took". I was then able to update my Beacon.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: richinAZ

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteelTarget