Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Skydio Customer Support Success Story

baksideDisasterFlicks

Reaction score
I read a lot of complaints on this here internets regarding support at Skydio. I thought I'd just send out some positive vibes as I had a really great customer experience this week. For background I got my Skydio in February of last year. I usually film with it at least four days a month, usually across the day grabbing shots over 6 hours, 3-4 batteries each shoot. So I consider myself as having considerable flight time with this drone. Anyways, as we all know, Skydio is far from perfect but for me it's a godsend as I primarily film action supports and since 2015 I've gone through 10+ drones trying to find one that delivered on real motion tracking. Also worthy of note as this isn't all rosy, I had a pretty bad support experience last summer when I sacrificed my drone to a powerline, that story is around here somewhere.

So about the beginning of March I started to notice my drone getting radical shaking when I switch modes between photo and video. I've also has some pretty miserable tracking results, seems like Skydio was getting stuck, losing subject from frame, and disconnecting every 2 out of 3 shots I made. I was actually getting to the point that I was over the drone as I'd had so many missed shots. But I didn't remember it always being this way especially the gimbal shake on mode change so I got fed up and contacted support.

So I pinged support sending flight logs as this isn't my first rodeo with support. I had a quick back in forth on emails. They dug into my flight logs and determined there was a hardware issue with my vision system. The offered me a RMA and I was concerned as being spring this is my most active filming season as we get more sunny days in the backcountry. In any event I do have a Mavic Air 2 and was prepared to have it fill the gap over the next couple shoots. I expressed my concern for turn around time explaining that I really needed Skydio for my next shoot the following weekend and my powerlines incident took me a month+ to get a replacement. Support tech was more than understanding said she would do what she could to expedite the process. I dropped it at UPS the morning of March 29th at 9am when they opened. Now I expected it to take a week or two. Low and behold my Skydio showed up today April 2nd at 12:30PM! in plenty of time for my shoot this Saturday. So stoked. So for all those negative threads you read, here's a success. I'm thoroughly impressed. This beats my best turn around from DJI care where it took 10 days from the time I shipped to receive replacement. I've been touting them as the best drone support in the business but they just got one-upped. Nice work Skydio!

20210402_124557.jpg

Is it fixed ?
Well they sent me a replacement so yes. I flew it this weekend, unfortunately I somehow killed my beacon battery in my pack so wasn't the best shoot due to only having visual tracking. Overall new one worked great, one weird stuck where it disconnected and didn't return to home.

Nice update to your RMA issue.

Skydio still faces an uphill battle due to the epidemic but hopefully your case will become the norm rather than the exception.

So far my experience with Skydio support is it is probably the WORST I have ever encountered. It’s been a week with many reach outs on my end with ZERO response. This is beyond frustrating. I tried phone, email, and chat. All I get is “please leave a message and we will get back to you shortly”. A company is made up of many aspects, eng, sales, marketing which apparently they are good at, jury is out on product but having terrible support can make any company look bad. I’m not impressed so far. I just want someone at Skydio to friggin reply. I cannot even get past ”I have an issue” so I can get it resolved. Do they only have 1 support person? For a $1000 product, I expect more.

Reactions: singular.droid
Hi... I am new here and very new at the drone community as well. I just need an advise from you veteran and senior guys in the drone community specially owner of skydio2. My concern is that I put in my Order last April 10, 2021, so obviously it has been more than a month ago since i put in my reservation, Skydio hasn't update me with my order. Every week I always make sure that I follow up to them email them about the status of my update. Really getting disappointed with their support team since I don't hear anything clear from them, they only email me back this automated email. Can somebody tell me if this is still a normal wait time for an order?

Hi... I am new here and very new at the drone community as well. I just need an advise from you veteran and senior guys in the drone community specially owner of skydio2. My concern is that I put in my Order last April 10, 2021, so obviously it has been more than a month ago since i put in my reservation, Skydio hasn't update me with my order. Every week I always make sure that I follow up to them email them about the status of my update. Really getting disappointed with their support team since I don't hear anything clear from them, they only email me back this automated email. Can somebody tell me if this is still a normal wait time for an order?
So I ordered May 16th, got my order April 23rd.

I would expect your order to be almost to the front of the line. You will get an email that tells you when your "week of order" is coming and then a "Complete Your Order" email.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup