Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Skydio Flight School - Episode 2 - Launching & Landing

skydioconvert

Reaction score
To SkydioPilots Admins:
Can a unique thread be set up for just these Skydio Flight School Episodes?

Just open youtube Skydio channel and there is Flight school playlist ready for you

Some Skydio Flight School FYI ....

Welcome to Flight School A new video series brought to you by Skydio’s team of in-house experts to help you get even more comfortable with your Skydio 2 and learn some of our favorite tricks of the trade. A new episode of Flight School will be released weekly from now until the end of the year. Subscribe to our social media channels to catch the weekly release on YouTube and IGTV!

I'd love it if they'd cover something that isn't already in the manual or well documented. I really would like to see a video on what to do when Skydio gets in trouble, stuck, looses connection, especially when your flying only with beacon and loose connection. That's my reoccurring horror story right now.

I'd love it if they'd cover something that isn't already in the manual or well documented. I really would like to see a video on what to do when Skydio gets in trouble, stuck, looses connection, especially when your flying only with beacon and loose connection. That's my reoccurring horror story right now.
Concur.... although past videos have only been 3-4 minutes each, what you're recommending is a good idea.

Hopefully (even more importantly) some of the shortcomings when using only the beacon can actually be fixed with future firmware upgrades,

I must be in the minority here because i found these videos to be nothing more then advertising for the drone. Thats all you need to know is not even close to helping true novice pilots with this drone.

I have watched ever single one of these and have come away with more questions then answers. Very frustrating for such a top notch device.

I must be in the minority here because i found these videos to be nothing more then advertising for the drone. Thats all you need to know is not even close to helping true novice pilots with this drone.

I have watched ever single one of these and have come away with more questions then answers. Very frustrating for such a top notch device.
One persons sense of advertising is another's insight into something not apparent from just reading the manuals.

If questions arise in the process why not follow-up by asking for answers on this forum and possibly helping other new pilots?

One persons sense of advertising is another's insight into something not apparent from just reading the manuals.

If questions arise in the process why not follow-up by asking for answers on this forum and possibly helping other new pilots?
Absolutely agree. However they mislead any potential buyer into the belief that its as smooth as all that and "Ready to Fly"is always just three clicks away. This is not the case at all, (would be a great survey to see how many users actually just park the car get out and just fly no drama). since January I have had drama every sing flight. Maybe today's adventures will finally win the day for S2 fun with no drama. My fingers are crossed.

Absolutely agree. However they mislead any potential buyer into the belief that its as smooth as all that and "Ready to Fly"is always just three clicks away. This is not the case at all, (would be a great survey to see how many users actually just park the car get out and just fly no drama). since January I have had drama every sing flight. Maybe today's adventures will finally win the day for S2 fun with no drama. My fingers are crossed.
Don't want to disagree with someone that's agreeing with me but expecting "no drama" when you fly is something experienced pilots know is foolhardy.

Don't want to disagree with someone that's agreeing with me but expecting "no drama" when you fly is something experienced pilots know is foolhardy.
Love it! The Day is never worth walking in if there is no challenges. Thanks for the focus point.

Love it! The Day is never worth walking in if there is no challenges. Thanks for the focus point.
Nothing more fun then working through problems and getting that eureka moment... this little beast is full of surprises .... a lot I suspect are still TBD.

I've been through the flight school three times now, and are actively flying the Skydio building my skills. I'm looking forward to to the flight school graduating to a more advanced level of training, helping the pilots with fine tuning skills. For instance, positioning the Skydio 2 for hand landing with the beacon and overcoming the obstacle avoidance issues

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup